android
Old 07-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post
i do not mind getting a refurb, but on the site and on the invoice it says new, so that what i was expecting

http://www.shnoop.com/shnoopville/viewtopic.php?t=2088
Yeah, I just read the comments on the bottom of that page. Stupid of them to do when plenty of people would happily pay that price for a refurb.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 AM

wow that is fairly bad. just bad business, period. i consider shnoop a "tier 2" (or maybe even 3) online retailer. but even still....this is pretty dumb. and how could they not know and correct it?

someone must not be minding the store too well. and as mentioned already...they could have sold them as refurbs and gotten the same business. makes no sense at all

imo the ethical thing to do would be to warranty for a replacement up to a year. so if something goes wrong at least you get another refurb

on the other hand it is a double edged sword. if they were in fact new they would have most likely been v.2's, as i doubt a stockpile of old v.1's are sitting around anywhere. so....no Rockbox. its only because they are refurbs that whoever would want to Rockbox them now can

so...
2gb Sansa Clip (Blue)
Sony MDR-EX81LP Earphones

Old 07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Administrator

I kind of figured something was up when the ad said it was in non OEM packaging, Who would ruin the value of a new item by taking it out of the clamshell then selling it?

Doesn't matter to me. When I got mine yesterday I promptly voided any possible warranty by putting Rockbox on it .

Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 AM

yeah Rockbox makes it ALL better

i think for those who know the player and want to Rockbox it...this is actually a good thing. others of course might be miffed

but they just need to get to know Rockbox. then they will see the light

$30 Rockbox'd Fuze? good deal
2gb Sansa Clip (Blue)

Old 07-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Rockbox doesn't make it ALL better. They advertised a new player then shipped refurbs. Bad stuff. Most people that have posted seemed to think they would get the one year Sansa warranty along with their new player.

What happens if you gave this as a gift and assured the receiver this was new? They would be mighty disappointed if they had problems and contacted Sansa Support.

A retailer should know their merchandise. Their claim that they were mislead by their supplier rings hollow to me. The "R" or "Refurbished" on every other refurbished Sansa I've bought was clearly visible. I noticed it on my first inspection. I doubt you would see it or know what it meant if you weren't experienced in buying refurb merchandise. Someone in the supply chain made sure this time that it was very hard to see.

Just silly. How many more people in this forum alone would have bought at least 1 if they knew for sure it was a Rockboxable (is that a word?) V1?

I was looking for a V1 to Rockbox so I took a chance. I got lucky and seem to have gotten the standard Sansa refurb except for the tampered "R". Had I been expecting a new player I would be really hacked off. They got the lowest ResellerRating from me.

The service was quick, the player is in pristine condition and Rockbox is working wonders for the usability of an all ready excellent player. Even with all that I won't be buying from them anytime soon. Fool me once...

Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM

yeah its crappy. all i'm sayin' is the only reason you get to Rockbox it is because its a refurb. a new one would have most likely been a V.2. most likely....

so its a pain. especially for those who were giving it as a gift or don't care about RB

however its still a pretty fair price for a refurb. so...bad business, but just maybe it was an honest (however negligent) screw up?

i can see how it would anger many, though. it feels like being taken advantage of. and in a way, it is
2gb Sansa Clip (Blue)

Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

shnoop is offering a partial refund on the fuze for it being refurbished instead of new

you have to email them to get it

Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 PM

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for this mishap, as well as any inconvenience this may have caused you. At this time, the only redress we can offer you is to send it back at our expense for a full, unconditional refund. Alternatively, we can offer you a 20% partial refund in the form of a store credit in lieu of sending the MP3 player back. This would be in accordance with all local, state and Federal trade laws, as well as our merchant agreement with the credit card companies

a "store credit" refund? thats kinda like not getting one at all tbh. what the hell is anyone gonna do with about $6 at Shnoop?

maybe put it toward a "Mystery Box" purchase or some of those Sony headphones they sell cheap. which i have five pair of

but its still more money out of pocket. the offer for return should suffice, however. i would think, at least
2gb Sansa Clip (Blue)

Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i got a refund of 7.08 credited back to my method of payment

here is the email they sent me

Thank you for your recent purchase. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the mishap with your order. Prior to featuring the Sandisk MP3 players on our site, we were assured that the units were brand new. Being that this is not the case, we are assuming full liability for this. At this time, we can offer you the option of either sending it back for a full refund, or we can issue you a partial 20% refund via the method of payment you used. If you choose to send it back, we can generate an RMA number, as well as issue you a pre-paid shipping label to do so, so there would not be any additional cost to you. Additionally, in case you need it, you can access the manual for the Sandisk Fuze at the following link:

Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 PM

Just got mine in the mail today - manila envelope with the player, usb cord, and headphones. No box, no manual, no software.

I'm slightly annoyed at the refurb, but frankly the player is beautiful and sounds amazing on my Sennheiser HD595's! At $35 after shipping, I can't complain a much.

I think I'll write a complaint letter, however, on principle... and test my 4gb microSD card. Looking forward to Rockboxing this guy soon!

EDIT:
I have to say that Shnoop's customer service seems fast and reasonable. I received the same e-mail as the previous post, chose the 20% partial refund, and got the credit - all within an hour or so of my first e-mail. Kudos to Shnoop for doing something about their mistake. That puts the total cost for a fully functional V1 Fuze at $28.50

On a side note, picked up the DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox and find that the Fuze is a nice medium for viewing youtube videos.

Last edited by spartacus5380; 07-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by

EDIT:
I have to say that Shnoop's customer service seems fast and reasonable. I received the same e-mail as the previous post, chose the 20% partial refund, and got the credit - all within an hour or so of my first e-mail. Kudos to Shnoop for doing something about their mistake. That puts the [U
total cost [/U]for a fully functional V1 Fuze at $28.50

On a side note, picked up the DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox and find that the Fuze is a nice medium for viewing youtube videos.
the same with me they credited my account within the hour

i got a 4 gb card also and it works fine

Old 07-16-2009, 06:41 PM

I was going to let the $7 slide as I was extremely happy getting a cheap v1 Fuze, but Shnoop sent me an *unsolicited* email giving the refund options. That's pretty cool.

Running rockbox r21884-090715 on it now. Quickly tested it out with text doc, jpg, and ogg off an 8gb usdhc and all seems well!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobchin View Post
I was going to let the $7 slide as I was extremely happy getting a cheap v1 Fuze, but Shnoop sent me an *unsolicited* email giving the refund options. That's pretty cool.

Running rockbox r21884-090715 on it now. Quickly tested it out with text doc, jpg, and ogg off an 8gb usdhc and all seems well!
Yeah, I was rather impressed by their response to the mistake. I'm getting awfully close to trying RB out... sounds like a good option for the Fuze.