android
Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 PM

Default Sony Playlists

Hi Guys,

Stumbled across this site when researching mp3 players. I was starting to wonder whether I was the only person who hated ipods - glad to see i'm certainly not!!

Just a quick question about the S630 range - is it at all possible to make playlists on the go?

I'm going travelling for quite some time, leaving next week, and will have no access to a computer, so once I've uploaded all my music that's it, i'm stuck with the functionality of the player on its own.

I've heard it mentioned that you cannot make playlists on the player itself, which to me sounds a little ridiculous?
Having used ipods one of the most useful features I found was the "on the go" playlist - where you can scroll through music on the player and add any number of songs to a quick playlist. Is this not possible at all on the Sonys?

I was just about to buy an S638, but if this is true I may have to look elsewhere.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome to ABI>>>.

Now, as for on the go playlists, the answer is unfortunately NO. Sony players don't do on the go playlists. Still, w/the great SQ, it's worth doing on the comp and loading them on the device.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Welcome to ABI>>>.

Now, as for on the go playlists, the answer is unfortunately NO. Sony players don't do on the go playlists. Still, w/the great SQ, it's worth doing on the comp and loading them on the device.

Which would be fine if I were going to have a computer with me. - it's very useful to be able to put a playlist together consisting of the songs you want to hear at that moment in time, and when I've used friend's ipods that's how i've usually listened to them if I don't want to just play an album at a time. I can't really plan months of playlists in advance. Boo

So am I going to have to concede defeat and reluctantly get an ipod, or do other players allow you to make playlists on the go?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Banned

I don't need playlists, the S639 has SenseMe.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 AM

As another quick point I've heard that the Sony's don't do gapless either (not in mp3 anyway). Again, are there any other players that can do this other than ipods?