android
  #1  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 PM
MusicQueen's Avatar
MusicQueen MusicQueen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 36
Help Sansa 2gb gets hot when charging, 4gb doesn't

I have a blue 4gb player and while it charges it doesn't get that warm. When I charged my 2gb it gets hot on the bottom of the player. I swapped it out for another and it still gets hot. Why would the 2gb do this and not the 4gb? And is anyone else having this problem? Thanks.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicQueen View Post
I have a blue 4gb player and while it charges it doesn't get that warm. When I charged my 2gb it gets hot on the bottom of the player. I swapped it out for another and it still gets hot. Why would the 2gb do this and not the 4gb? And is anyone else having this problem? Thanks.
Sounds like your battery might have an issue.....a little warm is one thing, but it should not get hot. Might be worth trying to return it.
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 PM
MusicQueen's Avatar
MusicQueen MusicQueen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Sounds like your battery might have an issue.....a little warm is one thing, but it should not get hot. Might be worth trying to return it.
Well, the thing is I already did swap it out for another one and it's doing the same thing. I was just curious to see if anyone else with the 2gb has this issue.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicQueen View Post
Well, the thing is I already did swap it out for another one and it's doing the same thing. I was just curious to see if anyone else with the 2gb has this issue.
I see. Sorry to hear that!
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
samueljesusfreak's Avatar
samueljesusfreak samueljesusfreak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ellendale, North Dakota
Posts: 758
Default

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the v1 and v2 hardware revisions. Check the firmware and see if the 2GB is a v1 and a 4GB is a v2. That might be something they addressed in the v2 revision.
__________________
Player: Generic Philips GoGear 4GB(Sounds decent though)
Headphones: Koss KSC-75 and JVC Marshmallow
Wow I'm poor..
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
dgb52 dgb52 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 1,023
Default

How are you charging it? from your pc or from ac adaptor
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.