android
Old 07-29-2009, 10:26 PM

Want to sell me your z5?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi00 View Post
Want to sell me your z5?
I wish, as I have no need of it now (having both a 3GS and a P3), but the screen is actually damaged (don't know how, it was in my backpack when I took it out and saw the screen partially cracked, still operable, but you can't see the top half of the screen..somehow I've been still using it for over a year and a half since that...so that speaks for my love of Samsung pmps XD)
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=20486

Also, FYI: I just found out that the Belkin doesn't come with a power supply...will that make a difference?

EDIT: I found a Samsung P2 silicone case for $3 on Amazon...will it fit the P3?

P.S. Can the P3 play 720p/1080p format, and does anyone know where I could download HD trailers/vids/scenes to test out my new P3? I'm not talking about full-length stuff, just good-quality short vids in the couple minutes range.. (it's supposed to come in the next 5 hrs!)
PC Audio: Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 - Energy RC-10 - X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro - Onkyo Integrated Amp

Last edited by DeusEx; 07-30-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:49 PM

Well not having a power shouldn't make a difference, but the hub will rely more on the Ipod USB/AC adapter to adapt the voltage. Having both an internal adapter/supply (on the I-Rock) plus the Adapter in the Ipod USB/AC adapter will be easier on the set-up in general. It'll disperse the power load a bit better. You might also notice more of a slow-down in charge times without the internal power source than with one.

I also have no idea about the HD business. Somebody else will have to answer that question but my gut tells me that the P3 can't support HD formats like 720/1080.
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM

Also, I found a Samsung P2 silicone case for $3 on Amazon...will it fit the P3?

I guess I'll go ahead and get the iRocks ($20..shipping $6..grr)
PC Audio: Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 - Energy RC-10 - X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro - Onkyo Integrated Amp

Old 07-30-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
Also, I found a Samsung P2 silicone case for $3 on Amazon...will it fit the P3?

I guess I'll go ahead and get the iRocks ($20..shipping $6..grr)
Hmmm...I don't think the size specs are really that different. I don't know how much Samsung altered the button placement though. That could be a bit of an issue. Because that silicone case will have the specific button layout (around the edges) as the P2. I'm not sure how different that is from the P3. Might want to check.
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 07-30-2009, 07:53 PM

anyone confirm/refute the case? I'm ordering tonight!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 PM

The button placements for the P2/P3 are different. The P3 has all its buttons and the mono speaker at the top while the P2 has the buttons on the sides =/

Old 07-31-2009, 12:33 PM

Thanks, I'll get a P3 case then (no cutting corners to save ~8$...)

Got my P3 yesterday - it came with the 2.14 Firmware, but I updated to 2.18.
First impressions - very sleek build quality, the GUI is a bit buggy though, not as smooth as I thought it would be, but then again, I'm coming from the iPhone, so...no momentum scrolling is a bugger, and everytime I try scrolling with a fingertip, I always manage to press something instead of scrolling down/up (I'm definitely not butter-fingered either...play competitive classical piano and violin)...those are my only qualms...and the main screen scrolling also responds slightly sluggishly..

Overall, it's not too bad, although I thought the software would be better (it's a keeper, though, as once the GUI performance is improved, it'll be the perfect player (also, the volume buttons on top is a pain in the a--)

Old 07-31-2009, 01:38 PM

Yeah definitely, in terms of the scroll function it's a very mechanical motion, doesn't really feel natural actually. If your scrolling I'd recommend holding it in your left hand and using your right pointer finger to move through the functions. That's what I have to do with my LG dare, and I'm guessing the user interfaces in terms of the lack of momentum scroll will probably be quite similar.

As for the Update to 2.18, from all the people I've talked to and seen chatting about 2.18 on this forum, seems like its not really even worth updating, it's more like a straw man kind of update really. I think everybody is quite disappointed actually. It's to bad, Samsung has such a loyal following here. Hopefully they can improve the GUI in the next round of updates (that or just move the platform of the p3 to its Onami/M1 counterparts ). Have fun with the P3!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:47 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r=8-31&seller=

Bought this! (the other ones with the footprint like marks in the back looked kind of kiddy)

So wanting to play around with this thing....downloaded a couple of themes from alexzakl's site...where can I get games? Will any flash game online work? Also, how I can dld stuff off the emodio.kr site? Damn it I need to learn Korean...

Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM

If your looking for flash applications and games check out ABI's Samsung P3 Flash Games and Apps section of the P3 Thread HERE

There's one thread where you can download 250 flash games, plus a few threads about flash apps that've come out and how to utilize different functions on the P3.

Enjoy!

You can also check out Iaudiophile for the Cowon S9 (it has flash games/apps too) check out THIS LINK and that'll take you to their section involving flash games and apps, its even more extensive than the one on ABI

Last edited by MojoPatrol; 07-31-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Added additional links

Old 07-31-2009, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the links - Also, how I can download P3 themes off the emodio.kr site? There's several themes that are really nice...but I can't find a dld button..

Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Banned

I'm not sure it's possible, I think you have to be signed in and no-one has been able to do it or at least they haven't posted how to on here.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:25 PM

I'll be checking occasionally then...anyone here live in Korea? (My aunt used to...damn)

Also, I want to start adding cover art to all my albums...since with the P3 art looks really nice...what's the tagger of choice here?

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

I use Mp3Tag - it's free to download and works pretty well:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Haha, the chimp looks interesting but 24.50 euros is ~$35, kind of on the expensive side (considering I got the Z5 charger for free..) The Belkin looks nice...maybe I'll get it...even the $2 iPod white USB charger would work, right? Just needs a USB port...are there differences between chargers? Like charging speed? I just want something fast, small, and nice-looking, nothing over $10....since I'm only 16...

Any Shure SE530 or Phonak PFE users here? Hows the synergy with the P3?

Also, should I get a case for the P3? Do the back/sides/front scratch or fingerprint smudge easily? Any decent silicone cases?

I have the Shure SE530s

Old 08-01-2009, 03:08 PM

I'll try MP3tag then....will it also find the album art, or do you have to do that manually?

How does the SE530 pair with the P3?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll try MP3tag then....will it also find the album art, or do you have to do that manually?

How does the SE530 pair with the P3?
It finds it for you.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:29 PM

Update: It seems if my P3's battery life is much shorter than the 30 hrs Samsung states...a 4-hr charge from the computer lets it only run like 7-8 hrs (watched a 30-min vid, and played random flash games for an hour or 2...) Is flash gaming as power-intensive as videos? I know 5 hr. for vids is right..

Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Update: It seems if my P3's battery life is much shorter than the 30 hrs Samsung states...a 4-hr charge from the computer lets it only run like 7-8 hrs (watched a 30-min vid, and played random flash games for an hour or 2...) Is flash gaming as power-intensive as videos? I know 5 hr. for vids is right..
I guess it must be. But your battery is OK if you're getting 5 hours for video.