android
Old 07-30-2009, 03:13 AM

Default play.com playing with us?

It's been 'due for release' for today (30th July) for ages. Now they have it as 'temporarily out of stock' again. What the hell? I hate it when companies do this. Either stick to the date you gave or don't give a date in the first place. Now I have a dilemma. Give up waiting or continue, but now with no release date at alll.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2009, 04:05 AM

maybe its because alll the pre-orders used all their stock. I orderred mine on the first day they showed it on play so if i don't have one in the next couple of days there will be hell to pay from play and i will personally go over to Mr. Play.com's house and stamp on his crotch :@

Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 AM

Hah yeah I assume it was a pretty popular promotion, Samsung guaranteed them XYZ amount of units, now that the pre-order is done I'd say they've reached their limit on how many they can get in... I assume they will get in a second batch pretty soon and I doubt the price will be 200, maybe like 170 or something...

So its 'out' today... ooh boy, could arrive soon!

Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 AM

Well if you've got one in the post you should have a dispatch email from play.com and your account with play.com should say it's on the way (can you check please?).

I spoke to a play.com person who seemed a bit unclear, but said they were trying to get units from their distributor.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:13 AM

Haven't been notified of it being dispatched yet. I'll give them at least until tomorrow before I start worrying...

Old 07-30-2009, 07:49 AM

Hope you guys get them soon!

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:32 AM

the status on play now says "order taken" but my dad isn't sure if that is a new thing or if its always said that. yahoo answers says order takesn " just means that they have received the order, if you keep an eye on the status it will change." another siad it means its being processed and should arrive in 3 to 5 days. i'll be honest, i think i orringally pre-orederred and it said the 28th, and then chanegd to the 30'th, with the ammount of time i've been waiting (2 months) i would have thought it would be here today or tomorrow. i am a sad panda cos i'm going away for a week on satuday and hoped to have it for that.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffman View Post
the status on play now says "order taken" but my dad isn't sure if that is a new thing or if its always said that. yahoo answers says order takesn " just means that they have received the order, if you keep an eye on the status it will change." another siad it means its being processed and should arrive in 3 to 5 days. i'll be honest, i think i orringally pre-orederred and it said the 28th, and then chanegd to the 30'th, with the ammount of time i've been waiting (2 months) i would have thought it would be here today or tomorrow. i am a sad panda cos i'm going away for a week on satuday and hoped to have it for that.

My account says 'order taken' too, and I only pre-ordered 6 days ago. I'd hope they would have told us if the number of pre-orders exceeded the amount of units they expected to recieve.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 AM

I think from experience order taken is similar to "awaiting stock". I've checked at argos and they don't seem to have any stock either (online or in store, not that I would've paid their price), so the fault may not be with play. It is a shame though, as when you pre order you don't then expect to be waiting even longer for them to get stock in the first place.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 AM

I've had mine pre-ordered for ages and mine says the same as all of yours.. the fact I still have the option to cancel my pre-order prolly isn't a good sign... I wouldn't get your hopes up of getting it this week... maybe early next week? Oh god the wait is killing me, I sold my 8gb about a week ago, so I been using my g/fs Sansa Clip...

Old 07-30-2009, 02:54 PM

Ahhh its like the problems with Dell all over again I love online retailers. I'm pretty much their customer service reps are trained not to be able to give a straight answer to a question. Makes you wonder how they live the rest of the time. Probably impossible to live with
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If there's a problem, it's because Samsung hasn't fulfilled there shipment orders to these companys yet. Dell, play.com, etc, all end up looking like the bad guy. If anything, we should bs saying "shame on Samsung".

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned

Perhaps today will be good news Friday.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 AM

we've had 6 parcels delliverred over the last 2 days and none of them with my name on :@ soooo annoying

Old 07-31-2009, 04:47 AM

Still nothing. I was told to call them back today if I didn't get an email about the order. Let's see...

Old 07-31-2009, 05:45 AM

I sent an email to see if they could give us an ETA, only had an autoresponse so far. I'm not a patient person so I'm debating just cancelling it. Saying that though, it's such a good deal, has anyone seen anywhere else with a decent price (and in stock)?

Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nena View Post
I sent an email to see if they could give us an ETA, only had an autoresponse so far. I'm not a patient person so I'm debating just cancelling it. Saying that though, it's such a good deal, has anyone seen anywhere else with a decent price (and in stock)?

Pixmania has it in stock for 220. Second best price I've seen, but still nowhere near as good as play.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nena View Post
Yeah I just got an auto response to my email, but i've emailed them before and they did follow it up with a proper email soon enough...

Anyway, I don't care that much if its late, I just want an idea of when I can expect it... not knowing is the worst part! !!

That said, 150 is just so well priced for a 32gb high spec player, I can't really consider cancelling it. If I was willing to spend 220 or whatever, that would open up the whole can of worms if I should instead buy an S9 / X1000 etc etc... at 150 its just an unbeatable deal....

Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 AM

So... the website says preorder (and so does my order status now) and the release is now 30 August 2009. I'm not impressed....

Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 AM

I'm very angry and disapointed with play.com for doing this.

I will be canceling my order and sending a complaint. Very poor customer service.