android
Old 07-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Banned

Gee... That's bad of them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nena View Post
So... the website says preorder (and so does my order status now) and the release is now 30 August 2009. I'm not impressed....
Ouch. Might order a 16GB and return it in time for the 32 then. Or shout at play until they give me an x1000

But jokes aside, why couldn't they have at least told us this before the day after the release date? It's not as if there wasn't already documented problems with getting P3s.

Last edited by gebal; 07-31-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: x1000 32gb is cheaper on play than an S9 32gb

Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM

That sucks on so many levels... not the least of which I move to australia on august 22!

Still, I'd wait and see if play.com make those who have pre-ordered them earlier wait until Aug 30 b4 I cancel or anything drastic like that...

Note the due date above

Last edited by robjrock; 07-31-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 PM

I got a response from play that just says:

Quote:
Thank you for your email.

This product is currently due for release on 30/08/09. We will dispatch your order as soon as it is available to us.

Please be assured that you will not be charged for this item until the time of shipping.
So I very much doubt anyone will get theirs before then. They don't even seem bothered that they gave us the wrong release date.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:08 PM

this is disgraceful tbh, i am so uberly pissed off, this means i will have basicly been 5 months without a proper mp3 player. very tmeptedto cancel my order and wage a war against play. whats to stop them doing the same thing again at the end of august :@

Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM

I've now cancelled my order and bought a Sony NWZ-S639 16gb from amazon for 90. I know the 16gb P3 is in stock for 140 but I can't justify 50 for a touch screen and other features I'll barely use. 60 for the features and twice the storage would have been acceptable.

Play should be ashamed. At the very least they should have sent an email apologising to everyone who had preordered today. I can't believe however, that they didn't know there wouldn't be any stock on the 30th far, far earlier than today....

Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM

did they give the wrong date or should we really be shouting at samsung who surely are to blame for screwing with the stores, argos too do not have the 32gb in stock and we are seeing all manner of problems with others stores

so samsung is the arse here and the stores are getting the crap from angry sellers as samsung have no communication at all

if player were not informed about the non delivery then its not them, but they whould really state the resaons why to pre order buyers with options and reasons - this is their fault

Old 07-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99tollap View Post
I've now cancelled my order and bought a Sony NWZ-S639 16gb from amazon for 90. I know the 16gb P3 is in stock for 140 but I can't justify 50 for a touch screen and other features I'll barely use. 60 for the features and twice the storage would have been acceptable.

Play should be ashamed. At the very least they should have sent an email apologising to everyone who had preordered today. I can't believe however, that they didn't know there wouldn't be any stock on the 30th far, far earlier than today....
At least you're getting a great player.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 PM

Pixmania Why can sell on the shelf, but the play has delayed a month.....

Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 PM

How to send a complaint?? play.com customer service email??

Old 08-01-2009, 05:09 AM

customercare@play.com

Old 08-01-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nena View Post
Thanks.

Hah, my Clip has just come back to life, so now I don't even need a new player!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:23 AM

To be fair, 140 for a 16gb is still pretty good compared to 199 for a 16gb Cowon S9 (from AMP3) ... I don't know if its play.com or samsungs fault I ain't too impressed at either... like someone said, an email that just said 'heads up, the p3s gonna be late, heres the reason (xxyy) sorry' & I would have been ok...

I think some of the people here on this forum should try to alert play.com to this very thread...

This was my eventual response from Play.com

>> Thank you for your email regarding your pre-order for the Samsung YP-P3 32GB.

>>Please accept our apologies for the delay on this order. We have checked with our stock teams and can confirm that the
>>release date for this item has now been pushed back to the 30/08/09. Your order will be processed and dispatched at this time.

Well at least this gives me the impression that I shouldn't bother hoping for it to be released before August 30...

I was even flirting with the idea of getting another player (*gasp*) - I looked at some 2nd hand X1000s at a reasonable price but I couldn't deal with video conversion again (one guy on a forum described getting video to work well / look good on the Xseries as a 'hobby') & the 32gb S9 is just too damned expensive! I admit the Xseries GUI does look pretty sweet. Sorry, off topic anyway... my point being now matter how hard I look a 32gb P3 for 150 still seems too good to pass up...

Last edited by robjrock; 08-02-2009 at 05:24 AM.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:48 PM

I've been checking the site since yesterday evening and I'll be damned if Samsung actually offers a regular customer services email, or even any form of contact for samsung players that aren't discontinued. So it looks like someone is going to have to call up on Monday, at their own expense
Unless Lebellium has an email he can give us for someone who works at YEPP UK? I'd at least like Samsung to confirm if the 30th is going to be the real date, or it doesn't really seem worth the effort
I HOPE YOUR READING THIS SAMSUNG

Old 08-02-2009, 06:55 AM

I think they pulled the new date out of fresh air. Who releases products on a SUNDAY??? I'm mad it took me a few days to realise.

Anyway, I agree, the price is too good to pass up. I'll wait it out.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoPatrol View Post
Ahhh its like the problems with Dell all over again I love online retailers. I'm pretty much their customer service reps are trained not to be able to give a straight answer to a question. Makes you wonder how they live the rest of the time. Probably impossible to live with
OFFTOPIC:
thats so not true at all
Ive experienced perfect service from amazon.de and Ive ordered about 20 times since christmas with one item being broken => they sent second one with overnight express =>Ive got the other one the next day. Every question I ask them was responsed within 24 hours .... I really like them though I neer really understand why only ppl from abroad are imployed since most employees from there have names like Ankit Jain which doesnt sound german at all .....

Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Tough luck gentlemen and ladies. Well, maybe they're delaying the 32GBer for a month in order to get their programmers in line. Maybe they read what a crappy write-up most users gave the 2.18 firmware update and figured they'd get their shit together and release a more beneficial udate in time for the 32GB instead of a minor fix nothing update

Doubtful I know, but hey, blind optimism never hurt anybody...or did it?
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Last edited by MojoPatrol; 08-05-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:20 PM

I've had this pre-ordered since the first of July and the wait is killing me. Now I'm seeing the R1 and wondering if there's enough of a difference between the two to justify wasting my patience and buying that instead?

Ten more days...

Last edited by Spiral Out; 08-20-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM

Please note that I ordered this from PLAY on the 17/6/09, when the site stated that it would be available on the 31/7/09. 31/7/09 came & site immediately showed that the P3 was now Temporarily out of Stock! Couple of days later the release date had changed to the 30/8/09. Rang them up & spoke to several nice people who had no info whatsoever! Guess what? I cancelled & bought it from PIXMANIA, came 2 days later. Yes cost was 220 but I really think that PLAY are 'playing' with you!

Old 08-23-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoPatrol View Post
Tough luck gentlemen and ladies. Well, maybe they're delaying the 32GBer for a month in order to get their programmers in line. Maybe they read what a crappy write-up most users gave the 2.18 firmware update and figured they'd get their shit together and release a more beneficial udate in time for the 32GB instead of a minor fix nothing update

Doubtful I know, but hey, blind optimism never hurt anybody...or did it?
It's possible. But I wouldn't be surprised, seeing as for the most part, Samsung has shown that they essentially don't give a crap about us, the 2.18 firmware showed that (in my opinion). They released it, with literally no changes and such and expected us to simply take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral Out View Post
I've had this pre-ordered since the first of July and the wait is killing me. Now I'm seeing the R1 and wondering if there's enough of a difference between the two to justify wasting my patience and buying that instead?

Ten more days...
To me, the R1 looks no different than the P3. Maybe it has better hardware, but as far as I can see, it looks like a P3 with TV out capability.