android
Old 08-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

I have to admire the patience and stoicism of people waiting for their 32GB P3's.

Me? The toys would well and truly have been flung out the pram - I'd have gone insane.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-23-2009, 02:48 PM

Play.com are obviously clueless on the release date (hence why they have no answers when contacted) and I'm predicting that they'll change it again to some day in September. If you look under 'coming soon' neither the 32GB P3 nor 16GB R1 are expected before 13th September, so I don't know why they've said it's 30/08/09!

Argos are no better either... They're out of stock for home delivery and it looks like the stores have no stock too.

Last edited by undecided; 08-23-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:13 AM

OK, so I have to assume that my P3 will not wing its way to me in time for flying off to sun myself on the 5th of September!!! What on earth should I buy now to transport my music collection overseas? A viable alternative? A stopgap 16gb player? Any suggestions would be appreciated............

Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
I have to admire the patience and stoicism of people waiting for their 32GB P3's.

Me? The toys would well and truly have been flung out the pram - I'd have gone insane.
Same here. Which is why I went for the 16gb when I saw them at Fry's. It's not like I really need a 32gb player anyway...

Old 08-24-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triarii117 View Post
Same here. Which is why I went for the 16gb when I saw them at Fry's. It's not like I really need a 32gb player anyway...
I third that motion. In terms of use, it'll mostly be music. I had a tough enough time filling up my 8GB E280, Now respectively the other 8GB on the P3 are now for movies & some simple flash apps and games, but really, I get bored with music too fast to require 32GB of space.
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 08-24-2009, 11:19 AM

I am surprised that people are raging against play.com. One might think that they intentionally delays selling P3 because of their evil nature. I am sure the explanation as much more simple : Samsung doesn't supply P3 in time and keeps play.com in dark when it happens. Play.com can't just say this on their website, so they move availability date.
People should rage against Samsung (btw I an sure Samsung doesn't do it intentionally either).

As Napoleon wisely said : "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence"

Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip8g_345 View Post
I am surprised that people are raging against play.com. One might think that they intentionally delays selling P3 because of their evil nature. I am sure the explanation as much more simple : Samsung doesn't supply P3 in time and keeps play.com in dark when it happens. Play.com can't just say this on their website, so they move availability date.
People should rage against Samsung (btw I an sure Samsung doesn't do it intentionally either).

As Napoleon wisely said : "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence"
I think people are raging against their incompetence.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip8g_345 View Post

Play are awesome and this is clearly not their fault. Doesn't make it any less annoying.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Exactly. Samsung need to realise they're losing customers because of this. Many will get bored of waiting and just buy something else.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:12 AM

Default incompetence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine

I certainly agree that Samsung shows uncompetence/bad organization (at least in their manufacturing and/or supply departments).

Regarding play.com I am trying to put myself in their place and I don't know how it's possible to handle the situation better (at least much better).

They can be brutally honest and put on they website something like
"we very much would like to sell you p3-32g, but those Summy a-holes can't supply it in time and keep moving delivery dates all the time, so it's not our fault". By doing this, they risk to spoil their business relations with Samsung and have problems in the future (it's also quite possible they might be unable to do it because the nature of their agreement with Samsung might legally prohibit them to publish that kind of info).

They can also say "We are expecting to have p3-32 in the future, but we have no estimate of the exact date". I don't know if it's much better then just moving availability one month ahead (especially if they do it relying on information/promises from Samsung).

What else play.com can do ?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:40 AM

they had the date pre-set from may, even if they had just said september to start with, i wouldn't mind too much, i would have just gone with the 16gig, but i though 2 months wasn't too bad, i'l still be able to use it for half of my smmer holidays, by the looks of it, it wouldn't surprise me if i was going to uni without it. its insane how long theri makeing us wait and imo they should compensate people who had it orderred for the original date with some sort of freeby or something (either samsung or play)

Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 AM

I've emailed them again to ask if it really is coming out on the 30th. Not convinced tbh.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 AM

if it isn't, well by the time it is released the m1 will probably be ready fro fucking pre-order. i have waited this long, i would be pissed if just a few weeks later a basicly improved version of the p3 comoes out for not much more.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Is the Samsung PMP department under new management or something? Or have they always been this bad?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 PM

They've added it to the 'Coming Soon' list, there may be good news on Sunday after all!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:40 AM

it was on the coming soon list in may though

Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 AM

Not holding my breath.. haven't had a reply from play either

Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Too bad you can't order directly from Samsung.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nena View Post
Not holding my breath.. haven't had a reply from play either
Ha ha, if you were holding your breath, you probably would have passed out a loooonnnnggg time ago
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 PM

Aww damn... this is insane. I guess I'll keep waiting and see if I make it to the 21st.