android
Old 08-01-2009, 06:05 PM

Default podcast artwork, wtf

Hi all,

I've been using the podcast feature on my 639 to keep my long ass mixtapes separate from my normal music and I'm having a problem.

I can't get the artwork to show - normally this wouldn't bother me with podcasts, but as most of these mixes are staying semi-permanently it's become an annoyance.

I tried embedding the artwork into the id3 tags but that didn't seem to work either. Anyone have any solutions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2009, 01:55 AM

One thing to check is to make sure that the artwork is no larger than 240 pixels (px) by 240px, and it is in the jpeg format. I've found that if it larger than that size the player will often not display it. Also, when you're embeding the album art, ensure that it is marked as the Front Cover.

Also, you didn't mention which program you are using to load the music on your player. That could be a factor in your problem with album art. I use MediaMonkey and it gives you a few options when it comes to album art both on your player and in your music library.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 08-12-2009, 03:04 PM

CDMP3PlayerFan:

thanks for the help, I actually ended up using AudioShell Tag Editor and got the art to work for everything, didn't seem like the size of the pics made any difference.

Had to do everything manually and, yes, it was alot of work, lol.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmeeks View Post
CDMP3PlayerFan:

thanks for the help, I actually ended up using AudioShell Tag Editor and got the art to work for everything, didn't seem like the size of the pics made any difference.

Had to do everything manually and, yes, it was alot of work, lol.
I'm glad I could help, and to hear that the size of the album hasn't been an issue for you. It has for me (I had some album art that would not display, and I tracked the problem down to it being a 300pixels by 300pixels in size), but if I have a problem with the album artwork, my first action to deal with the problem is to resize the artwork as mentioned in my previous post.

As far as mass updating of artwork, MediaMonkey has a feature that has been a great time saver for me. When I update the album art for a single file, it gives me the option to update the album art for all songs in the same album. This makes it easy to update the album art for my podcasts, just update one and then apply it to all of the podcasts in the same series (album).
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 AM

Cheers man. I've heard good things about MediaMonkey but, like any warm-blooded man, I am fundamentally afraid of change, lol. I'll make the transition eventually I've just been lazy.

Unfortunately the songs I've been putting in the podcast folder are all mixes I've pulled from different blogs, so I don't really have a choice but to add the album art one by one.