android
Old 08-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Default Playlists in WMP11

I am gonna tear my hair out! I have a sansa fuze 8. Vista, WMP11, and files are in WMA. I have sync'ed 7 gigs of music (non DRM, CD's I have ripped) onto the Fuze. NOW, I want to create certain playlists. Fast stuff for the gym, slow for evening...etc. I can't get WMP to save the playlists.
Can this all be done in the Fuze, under WMP? I tried to follow the playlist creation in the docs, but that is if you use songs from the computer, not from the Fuze.
Thank you. I will be ever grateful.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
I am gonna tear my hair out! I have a sansa fuze 8. Vista, WMP11, and files are in WMA. I have sync'ed 7 gigs of music (non DRM, CD's I have ripped) onto the Fuze. NOW, I want to create certain playlists. Fast stuff for the gym, slow for evening...etc. I can't get WMP to save the playlists.
Can this all be done in the Fuze, under WMP? I tried to follow the playlist creation in the docs, but that is if you use songs from the computer, not from the Fuze.
Thank you. I will be ever grateful.
WMP Strikes Again!! Sorry. No, I am not laughing at you but at that abomination of a media player. Most of the people I see posting here avoid it at all costs.

The quick fix is to format the player, set it to MSC mode and then follow the instructions here. If you don't want to do that you can read the post I wrote on how I make playlists in MTP mode here. That method doesn't require removing the files but is a lot of work.

The problem with WMP is that it wants to be your only media player. As far as the good people at MS are concerned you are supposed to make your playlists within WMP and then sync the playlist, songs and all to the player. If you put the music on first then try to create a playlist from that music it will try to send the same music across again since it refuses to recognize the music all ready on the player as part of the playlist. Makes sense.? No? Well it doesn't to me either which is why I avoid it at all costs.

MSC mode is much easier and works until you add a micro sd card. Then you run into a whole new set of problems making playlists that include music on the card. That's why I learned how to make playlists in MTP mode.

Sorry but the I think the best way to make playlist with a 7 GB library on a Fuze is to start over with a fresh set of files transferred in MSC mode. Then you can use a number of programs to build playlists. Playlist Creator works well and is freeware. XMPlay is a heck of a audio file player and saves playlists in the needed EXTM3U format.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 AM

Default Thanks

THANK YOU...THANK YOU....THANK YOU.....
Thanks for all the information, and your time and trouble.
Well, after reading what you said about WMP being an abomination, I think I just may follow your advice and reformat.
I have really have done lots of research, posting here was last resort.
I think I will download Media Monkey and play with that for a while.
I have used winamp in the past, but have read some very favorable reviews about media monkey.
Have I thanked you?
Thank you.

EDITownloaded MediaMonkey....the interface isn't as smooth and simple as WMP. Although I ain't smooth, I AM simple. Gonna stick with WMP. Thanks

Last edited by Master; 08-03-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: changed my mind

Old 08-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Administrator

So you have working playlists now?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM

LOL...literally laughing about it!
Nah.....It's just too much aggravation. I'll just keep forwarding to the songs I want to hear. I no longer pull my hair out, 'cause I know that if I really, really want to, some kind soul has provided me with the where with all to create playlists.
I did go ahead an reformat and play with it. In MSC I couldn't see album covers. It's only rock'n roll as they say, ain't worth getting aggravated about.
I'll just listen to some fine music, and if it's not appropriate, I'll go on to the next tune. I have over 650 CD's ripped, so little by little I'll get some of 'em back on!
Thank you ever so much.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator

I love your approach to enjoying your music. Lots of folks around here get really stressed if things aren't just so. Your "Relax And Let 'Er Rip" attitude made my day.

Enjoy your Fuze.