android
Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 AM

Default Rockboxed my Fuze...finally!

Well after much hemming and hawwing and telling myself that I would wait until Rockbox was officially released for the Fuze, I threw caution to the wind today and installed Rockbox on my Fuze!. I just couldn't wait any longer. Installation was pretty pain free, and after playing with it for a couple of hours now have experienced no problems with it. I must say that Rockbox looks better on my Fuze than on my e200's. Anyway a few questions..?

1. Are there daily Rockbox builds available as there are for the e200's?. If so can a link be provided. Thanks.

2. I understand that themes for other players (ie: H300) can be used with the Fuze because of similar screen sizes?

3. Since I'm also interested in video on my Fuze I'd like to know of people's experience who already have Rockbox on their Fuze and who also have used WinFF...good or bad?.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

SVN builds are updated every time SVN changes, typically 5-10 times a day. Theres a link on the wiki next to the install directions.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:05 PM

I installed it also.

it's pretty good.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:56 PM

Yeah its good, but there should be options that will allow you to lower the brightness. Because after playing a game full charge it only last about 2 hours.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
Yeah its good, but there should be options that will allow you to lower the brightness. Because after playing a game full charge it only last about 2 hours.
there is a brightness setting in Rockbox....

SETTINGS>GENERAL SETTINGS>DISPLAY>LCD SETTINGS>BRIGHTNESS

Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
SVN builds are updated every time SVN changes, typically 5-10 times a day. Theres a link on the wiki next to the install directions.
I was looking for Fuze specific builds as the wiki link seems to have daily builds for the supported players?.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobergeek View Post
I was looking for Fuze specific builds as the wiki link seems to have daily builds for the supported players?.
Here you go: Sansa e200v2 and Sansa Fuze: Test builds

Click the "The normal Rockbox build:" link (the last bullet point under "Fuze"). It's updated with every SVN revision.

And, yes, any recent themes for the iriver H300 and iPod Color/Photo will work on the Fuze.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Here you go: Sansa e200v2 and Sansa Fuze: Test builds

Click the "The normal Rockbox build:" link (the last bullet point under "Fuze"). It's updated with every SVN revision.

And, yes, any recent themes for the iriver H300 and iPod Color/Photo will work on the Fuze.

thanks epithetless, exactly what I was looking for!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 PM

well I truly think I am in DAP heaven tonight. Installed Rockbox on my Fuze today, loaded most of my music collection on it, put some video on it using WinFF and it all worked flawlessly. Waiting for USB support to come is like icing on the cake.

Like others have said and will say in the future I'd like to thank EVERYONE on the Rockbox dev team for making this all possible. Salute!.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM

Reading all these posts about how well RockBox works on the Fuze is making me want to install it myself. I was going to wait for an official release with USB support, but it sounds like its stable enough for me to try.

Does this current build work on v2 Fuzes?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
Reading all these posts about how well RockBox works on the Fuze is making me want to install it myself. I was going to wait for an official release with USB support, but it sounds like its stable enough for me to try.

Does this current build work on v2 Fuzes?
No..just v1's right now.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yup, just installed Rockbox yesterday on my Fuze (which my mom has been using up until now) and I got to say, it is very stable.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobergeek View Post
No, the one with the directions is for the Fuze, otherwise you wouldn't be able to install on the Fuze.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
I'm sorry but I'm new to Rockbox so please forgive the stupidity of my question :

What exactly do you mean by USB support, because you need USB to transfer music to the Fuze anyway??

Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush2202 View Post
I'm sorry but I'm new to Rockbox so please forgive the stupidity of my question :

What exactly do you mean by USB support, because you need USB to transfer music to the Fuze anyway??
Rockbox doesn't allow you to copy files via USB. You have to boot into the OFW to transfer files to the Fuze.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

But at the same time, it's really not a big deal since it boots into the OF automatically when you plug it into your computer.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
But at the same time, it's really not a big deal since it boots into the OF automatically when you plug it into your computer.
Ah .... Well I got egg on my face. Haven't used RockBox since I gave my Dad my old e200R (about 2 years ago), so forgot about that. Sadly, I can't use it since I had to swap my busted v1 for a new v2. Gumby sad...