android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3 > Samsung P3 Firmware

Old 08-22-2009, 07:04 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawfer View Post

So I'm here to propose that we, all of the abi community, make an official petition letter from this site to Samsung, where we would be redacting what things should be improved, removed, added and last but not least; fixed. Now what's all this "official" petition about? Well exactly what the title states. I'm not going to write a full petition to Samsung, this thread's purpose is for everyone to contribute and say the things that Samsung should bring in the coming firmware updates, then later I (and anyone else that wants to help) would add them in a separate part of this thread, and organize it; grammatically and logically. Then we would all sign it with our real names, including the site mods and admin(s). This will show Samsung that real customers, real P3 owners want some improvements for sure, and that a big MP3 Players community filled with enthusiasts are actually in need for some well-deserved improvements. Here's how it should look to me;
How are you gonna put our names on the petition? do we post it here, pm u or email u?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2009, 07:21 PM

Being Korean myself and having a buddy working in the samsung corp....i seriously doubt they will listen to us. Would U honestly work on firmware aboout 300 ppl are complaining about. And subtle things n top of that.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:22 PM

Definitely a good idea...

Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 PM

Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSkittles101 View Post
Being Korean myself and having a buddy working in the samsung corp....i seriously doubt they will listen to us. Would U honestly work on firmware aboout 300 ppl are complaining about. And subtle things n top of that.
Sadly this guy is right. If we make a petition here on ABI then we will have only have a couple hundred signatures. WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS TO GO GLOBAL. I remember signing up for a petition on Facebook that got like 10 million signatures. We could set up a Facebook and Myspace Petition page and maybe even a blog. Plus we can have a twitter page and a youtube video to get the word out. That way we can get hundreds of THOUSANDS of signatures. I suggest that a member should be assigned to do what they are bet at. For example if your a great "twitterer" then that person should start a P3 Petition twitter page. A great graphics designer should make a GOOD vid onyoutube and other popular vid sites (not just a crappy slideshow of p3 pics and asking people to sign up). The best blogger should make a blog and so on. Only this way will Samsung take us seriously. I know it sounds like a lot of work but if we work together and maybe even our friend Libellium as a mediator I think we can do it!

LETS STICK IT TO SAMSUNG KOREA! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THEIR CRAP! lol

Old 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM

Thumb Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOsasu View Post
Sadly this guy is right. If we make a petition here on ABI then we will have only have a couple hundred signatures. WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS TO GO GLOBAL. I remember signing up for a petition on Facebook that got like 10 million signatures. We could set up a Facebook and Myspace Petition page and maybe even a blog. Plus we can have a twitter page and a youtube video to get the word out. That way we can get hundreds of THOUSANDS of signatures. I suggest that a member should be assigned to do what they are bet at. For example if your a great "twitterer" then that person should start a P3 Petition twitter page. A great graphics designer should make a GOOD vid onyoutube and other popular vid sites (not just a crappy slideshow of p3 pics and asking people to sign up). The best blogger should make a blog and so on. Only this way will Samsung take us seriously. I know it sounds like a lot of work but if we work together and maybe even our friend Libellium as a mediator I think we can do it!

LETS STICK IT TO SAMSUNG KOREA! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THEIR CRAP! lol

Idea looks good
I'd join that group...just tell me where to sign up

Old 08-23-2009, 07:28 AM

May I suggest http://www.petitiononline.com/

I'm a member of quite a few forums so I'll post on them about it.

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Samsung Moderator

Looks like you know you need thousands of signs if you want samsung to listen to you.
Just try some things (petitiononline, facebook, twitter...) and I'll try to help and back you, even if I'm so fed up with Samsung Samsung France told me they'll try to make Samsung Korean engineers coming in France in september so that we could speak with them directly. I still hope it will happen.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:33 AM

I'm not fed up with Samsung D:
Just their PMP department xD

Old 08-23-2009, 01:54 PM

Whoo.
What's with you people ? Not enough updates ? What are you complaining about ?

Since I have the P3, there have been quite some improvement on touch.
The only thing, bring back volume touch control!

Old 08-23-2009, 02:05 PM

Exellent thread. Hope Samsung picks up this time, for their sake. They are a great company, I do admit: I own 2 Samsung LCD TVs, 2 Samsung LCD monitors, my last player was a Samsung, and I've used Samsung phones (every since before I got my iPhone, that is). There are quite a few P3 owners at this current point. (and more to come, at least 6 people I know personally are waiting for the 32GB).

1. Momentum scrolling

2. Faster response time when selecting a menu choice/icon/etc. There's a time delay that is very frustrating, especially when I'm in a hurry.

3. Also, album art reloads everytime you scroll down. Make it static.

4. On-Screen volume control and swipe lock! (like on the iPhone)

5. Useless widgets/miniapps...make it semi-open source! There are good coders out here! I know it can't compete with the wifi capability of the Touch (I actually am coding iPhone apps myself), but if we can get a couple dozen, or maybe even hundred USEFUL apps, it'll actually be a lot versatile.

Bottom Line: IMO the P3 beats the Touch in every aspect except apps and gui (then again, those aren't exactly the small issues) And all that I've listed above are very likely to be within the hardware capabilities of the P3. All it takes is some extra dedicated coding (and don't tell me Samsung doesn't have the manpower:
Quote:
"the world's largest conglomerate by revenue"
P.S. We should contact other forums and places where other P3 users visit, to make this an effort on a major scale. Also, social networking sites, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I have experience with coding/software, so we could even set up a website, that aggregates everything from all petitions from all the sources. We can't let our favorite player die!
PC Audio: Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 - Energy RC-10 - X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro - Onkyo Integrated Amp

Last edited by DeusEx; 08-23-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:57 PM

Sounds good. Lets put this plan into action!

Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 PM

I'm in favor of this Petition. I wish to see more games, more apps like possibly like microsoft words, widgets, and maybe even(doubtful but) wifi?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Samsung Moderator

Wifi is an hardware thing. Impossible.
Microsoft Word too (even if this is a software thing).
If you want to be credible, you have to request realistic things

Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Lightbulb

We should start out with the letter first as a format and then elect ppl to do each job ONE Blogger, ONE twitterer, ONE videomaker, etc. Remember we need to be organized. It will be horrible if we have 3 different twitter pages, 2 facebook pages, etc. We need to have an organized system that works together...so lets not rush. We still have lots off work to do like naming realistic updates we wanna see in a list.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Momentum Scrolling is REALLY REALISTIC in my opinion.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:49 AM

What i don't like there is the word "petition".
It's like, hey samsung , we bought something from you, so now, you just have to do the updates the way we want. A bit presumptuous don't you think ?
And, what YOU want is not necessarily what everyone else want.

However, i'm all in favor in making a sugetion list to samsung.

what do you mean by Momentum Scrolling ?

Old 08-24-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
It's like, hey samsung , we bought something from you, so now, you just have to do the updates the way we want. A bit presumptuous don't you think ?
And, what YOU want is not necessarily what everyone else want.

However, i'm all in favor in making a sugetion list to samsung.

what do you mean by Momentum Scrolling ?
Momentum Scrolling is the case in which how hard you flick your finger on the screen, outcomes how far down the list you go. If you've ever used an iPod touch, you'd know.

(The P3 only goes up/down 10 songs on the song list, even with a full force "flick". With momentum, it could possibly be 25+ on a full "flick". The harder you "flick", the further down the list you go).

Pretty much sums it up.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
If you've ever used an iPod touch, you'd know.
Me ? buy an iPod ? Are you crazy

OK, i see. It's true scrolling can be a bit of mess.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:57 AM

+ petition. I think the facebook group idea sounded decent, but count me in for whatever. Lets not let the P3 get left behind!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Its not really saying that, i'm more then happy with the P3, but what really angers me is that instead of adding some more features/fixing bugs on the P3, samsung decided to start developing even more players.

More on topic though, I'm liking a lot of ideas people are coming up with. I definitely support this.