android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3 > Samsung P3 Firmware

Old 08-24-2009, 11:04 PM

I'm actually seriously considering getting an iPod Touch right now, maybe tomorrow......not to replace my P3, but in conjunction...mostly for the apps/wifi...as iPods seriously do not sound that good (I have pretty expensive IEMs)

bu seriously, I'd be happy to take a leadership position in this effort - I'm pretty proficient with software and web tools, and I really don't want my P3 to die out...
PC Audio: Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 - Energy RC-10 - X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro - Onkyo Integrated Amp

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2009, 01:43 PM

It'd be nice to get new music play screens, the ones right now are kinda retarded. Also, make the EQ easier to adjust, i dont think im the only one that has tried to adjust one bar then it skipping to the other and screwing up everything. Momentum scrolling could be nice, same with the mozaic album art that someone came up with. More useful widgets could come in handy, hell maybe just make widgets open source so people can add their own, then samsung wont have to do much work at all.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Where is lawfer???? He hasn't been active since the 22nd. Maybe We will have to take this into hands soon...ill make a new thread listing the things we want to demand from Samsung. Because we need to get this thing underway......

Last edited by iOsasu; 08-25-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

The P3 has only been out 6 months or so, I'm sure by Christmas Samsung will have implemented better firmwares.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:12 PM

Very true Dreammnine (I never type that right first time lol)

It may sound that we're being too needy but it would be just so nice to have these firmware updates and features, if they come they come, no rush but the sooner the better obviously. The feature is there to upgrade and Samsung is a very big and great company.

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM

Lol, easy iOsasu, I have no intentions on letting this die (has it even born?).

A good thing to point out, what Dreammnine said, the P3 is actually pretty young in the market, and Samsung hasn't put a lot of effort on advertising/promoting the product, that's why not many implementations has been made, because there's not a huge demand.

As I stated before, the letter will be some type of roadmap, similar to those open source software (such as songbird), where developers list a list of features and/or bug fixes ordered by prioty and/or importance(like this one). The same thing I'm planning (or we?) That's why there's no need to rush, because the P3 is a solid player as it is, and I'm very happy with it, and I assume you guys too.

Now I don't want you guys to be confused. I'm not the creator nor the supporter of the Facebook, Myspace, etc. thread (including those who thought my thread was somehow linked to that one). To tell you the truth, a petition of that scale will certainly make Samsung be angry at us. Why? Simply because it will only somehow let other people know as if Samsung is such a bad company that its customers had to start a petition to get new features for a 7-months-old player. We must obviously take things step by step, and do it formally, like I said, with a letter, but with the changes I mentioned in my second paragraph. This will only ensure that the player gets popular enough, that the most important things are put ahead, and help us show Samsung what are the things that the P3 does need.

Something I also have the urgency to clarify; I did say the petition was coming formally from ABI, but that's going to be as long as the user base and the mods/admins themselves also sing the petition. In the case this doesn't happen, it will obviously not be an official petition from the site. But being official from the site or not, is not crucial for it to succeed, since what we actually need, is the ideas and the signs. Also, I'm not asking for addresses or anything like that, I'm just asking for the first and last name, which is certainly not private and/or compromising information (also, those of you who actually registered their product to the Samsung/Emodio site, the product # you give would also be helpful in order to prove that real owners are in the cause).

Lastly, I haven't started the petition yet, but I will start doing it this weekend (I got a life too, and I also work). I will upload the file periodically for you guys to see how its going. Any ideas, suggestions, changes or collaborations just reply here or send me a PM.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 PM

Can we just request the R1's firmware for the P3, it seems like it has everything we want in it already LOL

EDIT:

Have you guys ever stopped to think if, say we do send this over to samsung and instead of thinking "hey it looks like we've pissed off a lot of people, lets add a new firmware." What if they were to take all of the ideas we just put together, and put them on the R1 or some new MP3 player they come out with?

Last edited by Regicidal; 08-27-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:47 AM

Lawfer should be the leader for sure of anything . Knows just what to say and has very good English skills too .

Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 PM

I'm pretty sure this is firmware based. But i was thinking, it'd be pretty bad ass if they were to add texting support for bluetooth.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
The P3 has only been out 6 months or so, I'm sure by Christmas Samsung will have implemented better firmwares.
Or Samsung will have forgotten about the P3 and focused more on the M1 and R1. In my opinion, that is the biggest reason we have not seen as many firmware updates as we'd like to see.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:39 PM

When they're finished with them they'll most likely get back to coding firmware for all of the recent players (P3 included).

Old 08-30-2009, 05:50 PM

Default 1st Revision

This is pretty much a draft if you allow me to say. But its definitely the style I'm planning to use for the complete one, since this is subject to change from your feedback and circumstances. Also I will keep updating as new information becomes available, information such as new features you would like to see or new bugs found.

The file exceeded the forum's max. permitted size, so I'll just put the link directly to it.

1st Rev.

The first thing your going to notice is that two pages were mixed together (not enough space between sections), this is due the the file conversion but the original file which was a .docx both pages were separated accordingly. I assume in later revisions this will be fixed. But right know the important stuff is the content, make sure to read it all and tell make what you think so far, remember this is always going to change, as along as we are all comfortable with its content.

Last edited by lawfer; 08-30-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 PM

I wish they would update the skytrain/subway map....vancouver 2010 line is now open (and it looks very cool imo xD)

Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex View Post
When they're finished with them they'll most likely get back to coding firmware for all of the recent players (P3 included).
I hope so.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:02 PM

Lol, silly me I check this site everyday for any news on Firmware updates . I guess that's what you do when you have not much else to do...

(Happy listening to my P3 currently \m/)

Old 09-06-2009, 09:19 AM

You are all wasting your time.

In my opinion, they're already working on the P4 and it will:
* have Bluetooth 3.0 (which, unfortunately, was released only a few weeks after the P3 shipped with Bluetooth 2.1) which has like faster file transfer, connection speed and everything
* eliminate of the pseudo-button
* be faster, as in better screen response, startup time, etc.
* be better designed; the current set of [Hold/Power|Pseudo-Button|Volume-|Volume+] is horrible and Samsung made a mistake trying to fix what was not broken

And I hope, but am not sure of, that the P4 will:
* have a easy-to-access <Lyric> button on the Now Playing screen instead of making users go through Menu -> Lyrics -> On/Off
* drop LCD and get a superior (and brighter) screen like AMOLED
* have FLV video file support also
* have a system folder for cache-ing album covers so they don't have to be reloaded every single freakin' time I enter the Album menu.

Why wouldn't they be updating the P3's firmware if they weren't preparing for something else? (We were fooled by Samsung once when they stopped updating the P2 after firmware v5.05 for one month. We thought they were preparing a huge surprise for us P2 users, but after a freakin' month, all that was released was firmware v5.08, a bug-fix update. A few months later we find out that they'd been working on the P3's firmware and had forgotten about the P2.) Besides, they never said they were going to have "BlueWave" firmware updates like with the P2, so you might as well expect nothing from Samsung.

Last edited by Exsecrabilus; 09-06-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:27 AM

M1=P4 in my opinion...

Old 09-06-2009, 02:46 PM

If that's all they're updating in the P4 I'm still very glad I have my P3 as all the bad issues can be fixed in firmware. If they're going to keep releasing new players without supporting them they're going to loose fans.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Banned

The P3 is pretty good at what it does. Lately I've been watching more films on mine and have really enjoyed it.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM

so basically you all gave up...i knew it