android
Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 AM

Default My Ogg-Files don't play on Sansa Fuze

Hello,

I have a new Fuze 8GB and have a large amount of my music collection ripped in Ogg-format and these are played without any problem in various players (iAudio and iRiver) and programmes like Foobar.
So, I am quite surprised that they don't play on my Fuze. Maybe someone knows the problem and can help me getting into the Fuze-world without further disappointments.

Fuze Firmware: 02.02.26F
Ripping programme: Exact Audio Copy
Encoder: oggenc2.exe
Additional command-line: -q 6 -a "%a" -t "%t" -l "%g" -d "%y" -N "%n" -G "%m" %s -o %d

Also, the Fuze couldn't read the tags.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Did you format the player after installing the FW upgrade? I understand this sometimes fixes problems.
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 08-31-2009, 11:02 AM

The problem is lilely the format of your tags. Make sure you use vorbis comment style tags, not ID3. Also, use ISO/ANSI encoding, not Unicode.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Also, use ISO/ANSI encoding, not Unicode.
Isn't UTF-8 in the spec?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I was pretty sure they are supposed to be UTF-8. Putting ANSI in file tags sounds like a bad idea.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 AM

I believe vorbis comment are supposed to be UTF-8, but the Fuze hasn't been very good in the past with Unicode support. Maybe it's better in the last FW, but I haven't tested it myself.

Maybe just try switching from ID3 to vorbis comments first. Then if you still have a problem try ANSI. Obviously, you can try it on just a few files before doing your whole library.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

I use vorbis files for almost everything(a few audio books i have arent worth recoding)

I use dBpoweramp, install the vorbis encoders(advanced ones) then replace the oggenc2.exe with the one from aoTuV's site
http://www.geocities.jp/aoyoume/aotuv/

I do this for a few reasions mostly because the aoTuV encoders newer and quite fast(has best per bitrate quility!!!)

then I just run the conversion, you could try this even using the same bitrate, I found it fixed some of my older files that I had encoded using other vorbis encoder(oggenc) versions.

You can also use MediaCoder (should include latist aoTuV build in) its 100% free

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

hope this helps, Sometimes the fuze can be a little picky with tags, Not neerly as picky as my samsung players where tho!!!