android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2009, 04:45 AM

Help Sony walkman s630 and s730 difference

Hi guys,

This ID is newly registered though I have been lurking here for some time since I knew I would need a decent DMP some day

I recently got a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones. That is great, but it eats my DAP battery like no one else does, also it hisses a lot. After consulting some of my semi-pro audiophile friends and posting a thread elsewhere, it seems in order to fully get the capacitance of my new headphone, it is time to invest on a new DMP.

I am thinking of buying S639 since they are on sale at bestbuy for $139. but some people said S730 series are better than S630 not only in the noise-cancelling function(which I won't use since I am using my own headphone), but also in other facets, like the circuit design and maybe the chip. I also heard elsewhere A820 or A720 has better sound quality than S730 and S630.

I am a little confused here. Also S730 is not that easy to get now. The most cost-efficient is the S639 now.

Please tell me your guys' info on what I wrote above. I want to secure my investment before I have to weep over a gadget having little improvement over my current DMP (it's a Meizu player by a Chinese company, if you guys ever heard of that, which produces pretty good sound IMHO)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]