android
Old 09-06-2009, 01:32 PM

Help 3.2v ????????????????? Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.2V??????????????????????:con fused::con fused:?????????????????????
that may explain why some peoples batteries dont last as long as in the specs!
oh well, the good sound certainly outweighs the bad bits,
look carefully at the battery it's self in my last picture, you may need to rotate things a bit, but i thought my camera wouldn't get as much detail, but it has the specs on the battery.

my batterys specs:
capacity: 610mAh
nominal voltage: 3.7v

thanks to steffman for tip.

*like on the old P2, there is a debug port (connection pads) just under the button/speaker connector's padding. this would be useful for external hardware to interface through sending data to and from this port if the firmware is ever hacked.

could someone correct me if i'm wrong and tell me what this port does if they find out.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2009, 03:40 PM

My mistake, I took a second look. It did say 3.7V, I must have confused the 3.7V with the 2.3Wh in large leters and came up with 3.2V for some odd reason.

Though the small mAh gives the P3 a short battery life.

The P3 is a 2 NAND module layout, it gives them the ability to hit 64GB with 2 32GB NAND modules if they wanted.

At least the battery is marked by the maker TCL HYPERPOWER BATTERIES INC. Finding a replacement should be easy from there. Removing the battery still needs a spatula like tool.

Last edited by trikon000; 09-06-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:47 PM

you got a slightly different build, is it the 16GB?
it is certainly smaller in capacity than the p2

Old 09-06-2009, 04:30 PM

No, I have a 32GB, the module layout is top and bottom. 2 16GB NAND module are found on mine. Your would be the single 16GB NAND module on the underside if it is the 16GB version.

It seems Samsung was prudent to sell the newly produced 32GB NAND modules to Apple and others while using the larger and existing stock of 16GB NAND modules for thier own needs, gives them a good position to pump out 64GB players when they want to.

Last edited by trikon000; 09-06-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:38 AM

i've got the 8GB version as you'll find out in these next pictures:

heres the chips labelled with their writing in red (paper to insulate circuit from metal)

take safety precautions like this...

the cpu side of board on top of the touch screen (labelled)

i forgot to write down the writing on the touch controller, but it's not synaptics.

to remove screen from front:
remove all screws from sides,
remove the battery/screen/board section from cover/touch sensor.

also the screw under the speakers 'horn' is difficult to remove without removing the 'horn' it's self, but can be removed with some difficulty.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 AM

here is a more clear side of the underside of the 32GB board. I didn't bother to try to seperate the central metal frame from the chome plastic. I just seperated the PCB, it took me a while to reattach it back since I got some large fat fingers.

It is printed on the board that this is REV 1.1, which means there has been 1 hardware revision since the 1.0 . The poor power management could probably be from 1.0 version if I was to guess about the poor battery life for previous owners.

I had to cheat at how photobucket takes files to get that big of a size, otherwise I would be stuck at 1024x768.

Last edited by trikon000; 09-08-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 PM

i've got revision 1.1 as well.

anyway what camera are you using?

i had a camera built into my sony ericsson and it took pictures as clear as yours.
But the flash packed up and over charged one day giving me a nasty bolt (and it damn hurt!), so i now use a sanyo s770.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:29 PM

I have a canon powershot, SD780 IS in particular, I prefer my SLR for some things because of the manual focus.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:29 PM

OMG. I've seen countless gory and horror movies. I've watched The Final Destination without flinching once. But the pictures in this thread give me nightmares D;

Old 09-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik View Post
i've got revision 1.1 as well.

anyway what camera are you using?

i had a camera built into my sony ericsson and it took pictures as clear as yours.
But the flash packed up and over charged one day giving me a nasty bolt (and it damn hurt!), so i now use a sanyo s770.
Off topic: What Sony Ericsson did u have?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:25 PM

it's a K800i and i think the flash got dammaged when i got into a fight one night (as happens from time to time). i still use it as just a phone these days, and use my P3 for all the music i have.

back to topic...
to anylize the contents of the P3's usb readable side of the NVram,
i have put on songs from various genres and years that i listen to.
i have things tht range from DnB to darkstep to dubstep to hardcore to gabba hardcore to heavy metal to rock to soft rock to the point that if i'd put every song into folders by genres there would be only one song per folder. oh and i am 18 years in 2009 who listens to AC/DC, America, Momas and pappas, all along side the more modern types of music.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM

Anyone found a battery that could be used to replace the P3's, mine is starting to annoy me.