android
Old 09-03-2009, 07:12 PM

Default Decent Iriver Spinn picture editor/resizer?

Hi!I've been trying to adjust my wallpapers with standard windows editor and now I'm trying to download acdsee manager to see if I can edit and properly resize pictures to the spinn's screen. Does anybody have an idea what's the best way to edit it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

irfanview. Do a quick Google search. Free and great for resizing, croping, color adjusting, and much more. Not a paint program though.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 AM

Thanks a lot man!I appreciate indeed!

Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 AM

OK. I have installed that but how do I resize it precisely to that resolution of 480*272? Is there anything that can actually resize/cut it precisely without pressing it vertically and keeping the original picture?Thanks

Old 09-04-2009, 04:30 PM

I tried Best Free Image Converter 2.4 SPYWARE
It is really a simple little program but it does the work (if you need to convert multiples files quickly). It can convert images without pressing it vertically. It crops the pictures above and under. But it lacks the ability to choose where from and how much to crop. Still i find it very useful cause most of the pictures comes out pretty nice anyway.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:24 PM

If it's just a simple resize, you can do it here http://www.gigglingcorpse.com/dev/resizer/. It will resize and crop but there's no interface for translation, etc.

It'll probably also have problems if your images are > 2 MB.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 AM

Thanks guys!!!will try those

Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 AM

Hey Bolt1919 are you aware that there were 2 trojans in that so called free image converter?! Thanks God I've got nod32 smart security

Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 AM

None of these programs worked for me unfortunately. I want the picture to fit that 480/272 screen precisely!

Old 09-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesbenz View Post
OK. I have installed that but how do I resize it precisely to that resolution of 480*272? Is there anything that can actually resize/cut it precisely without pressing it vertically and keeping the original picture?Thanks
If you don't want images squashed when resizing, then you'll need to crop them first to a size that has the same ratio as 480 x 272. To crop you have to first select a portion of your image. Simply use the mouse to click where you want a corner of a rectangle and then drag to the opposite corner. Then you can tweak the edges of that selection until you have it just the size and over just the part of your larger image for cropping. Info displayed along the bottom of Irfanview's window will show how big your selection is. Once you have it cropped to anything that is close to a 16/9 (1.76) ratio then choose Image>Resize/Resample and make sure you have "preserve aspect ratio" selected. Under "Set New Size" put in 480 for your width. The other number should change to something right around 272. A few pixels off won't matter.

480 x 272
960 x 544
1440 x 816
1920 x 1088
2400 x 1360
2880 x 1632

Last edited by Olley; 09-06-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
None of these programs worked for me unfortunately. I want the picture to fit that 480/272 screen precisely!
Faststone Photo Resizer is one of the mightiest resizing tools available. Give it a try. It might take a bit until you get the hang of it, but it's worth it. I'm pretty sure it does exactly what you want - resize/crop/etc.

The Photo Resizer is a part of Faststone Image Viewer, if you need a very good viewer as well.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 AM

It is obvious i was not aware of these unwanted security threats. I want to thank you for informing me. I guess i need to change my internet security for failing to discover.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt1919 View Post
I tried Best Free Image Converter 2.4 SPYWARE
It is really a simple little program but it does the work (if you need to convert multiples files quickly). It can convert images without pressing it vertically. It crops the pictures above and under. But it lacks the ability to choose where from and how much to crop. Still i find it very useful cause most of the pictures comes out pretty nice anyway.
Quote:
Hey Bolt1919 are you aware that there were 2 trojans in that so called free image converter?! Thanks God I've got nod32 smart security
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt1919 View Post
It is obvious i was not aware of these unwanted security threats. I want to thank you for informing me. I guess i need to change my internet security for failing to discover.
I removed the link. It's not a trojan/virus, but it may be some shitty adware/spyware. No wonder, since it is Chinese. Just use the Faststone Resizer I linked above, it's clean, fast, and simply the best for the job.

Here's some scanner results:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...187822f858ceb8
http://www.virustotal.com/de/analisi...c92-1252330495

Bolt1919, you better scan your computer with Malwarebytes and Spybot to get rid of the spyware infection.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 AM

ok, thx. Then it is spyware. The folks at http://download.cnet.com , where i downloaded it from (though i posted the direct link to author here), advertised the software as tested spyware free, that it is ensured to not contain spyware, viruses and other malwares. They did a "great job" on this softie thats for sure lol
( It's the same version from both sites and they have the exact same file size down to the last digits of byte )

Last edited by Bolt1919; 09-07-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:16 AM

Default Super solution

Hello,
I've been following this discussion and most solutions do need more effort than needed.
I use a freeware application called PhotoResize.
You have to place the single .exe file onto your desktop.
The name of this file is also connected to the end result of the output.
So, for the SPINN you should rename it to 'PhotoResize480.exe'

Now, when you drag and drop files onto this icon, it makes resized copies of the original jpegs.
These copies are now ready for viewing on the SPINN.

If you want to use the whole screen, you can rename the program to
'PhotoResize480x272.exe'
In this case you can get distorsion in some images.

Now for the juicy part, the url is at:
http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

Happy resizing,
Obby

Old 09-14-2009, 02:42 PM

If it's still of any help, I use ACDsee for everything related to picture editing, it works great and I resized, cropped and fitted wallpapers and album art from it.

If you don't want to crop your pictures and they aren't the 480x272 pixel size, just make sure than when you resize none of the sides surpass the established size. For example, if your picture is 543x272, choose "keep proportions/ratio" in any of your editing programs and resize only the 543 to 480 (the 272 will decrease automatically to fit the new pixel ratio). The picture will look great even with the black on the sides.

Well I know most of you already know everything I jsut wrote, but for the beginner who has just started going through the basics to fit an image in the spinn this is ok, I guess.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 AM

Thanks a lot guys!!! Nice discussion indeed!