android
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM

Default Am I The Only One With A Sony S545?

Just curious... Am I the only person in America who actually owns the Sony NWZ-S545?

I ask because I keep seeing all of these gadget sites showing some Japanese Demo Video, yet I've had mine for over two weeks already.

Strange...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dav's Sony S545 002.jpg (35.8 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Dav's Sony S545 001.jpg (30.6 KB, 78 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Banned

Nice pics.. Van's the Man.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post
Just curious... Am I the only person in America who actually owns the Sony NWZ-S545?

I ask because I keep seeing all of these gadget sites showing some Japanese Demo Video, yet I've had mine for over two weeks already.

Strange...
I was of the impression it was not going to be released here in the States until Sept. 25. So what's your take on the device?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:33 PM

marvin check sonystyle it is already on their site and shipping the same day, I posted this on my blog XD, while the E series is already on sale in canada, 16 and 8gb models, I added a coupon code on my blog to save 25 bucks as well.

Daharder, I would order a S series but I know what is coming so I want to wait :P

Old 09-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
marvin check sonystyle it is already on their site and shipping the same day, I posted this on my blog XD, while the E series is already on sale in canada, 16 and 8gb models, I added a coupon code on my blog to save 25 bucks as well.

Daharder, I would order a S series but I know what is coming so I want to wait :P
I'm not ready to purchase my next player quite yet. The S-Series is of interest, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I want to see more reviews first, both of the S and the E series.

So Ascariss...what is coming?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:

Strange...
I just ordered one. Do you have any previous Sony walkman's? If so can you tell us if there is a difference in SQ. If possible can you do a RMAA on the s545.

Last edited by h1a8; 09-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM

well Marvin, I cannot go into detail but I will say it is worth the wait.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Can you at least say if what's coming will be out in time for Christmas? Because I was actually thinking of getting a 16gb new S-Series for Christmas but your comment just then is making me reconsider.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Somewhere higher price-wise than the S-series, but lower than X-series, I am guessing?

Old 09-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ascariss, I have 2 questions myself. Will it be a player that reaches 32gb, and not be touchscreen? Both being a yes would really make my MONTH!!!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Somewhere higher price-wise than the S-series, but lower than X-series, I am guessing?
I'm guessing a successor to the A7/82X

Old 09-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

We can pray bro, we can pray!!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 PM

I promised the person not to say anything but I am sure you guys have seen my posts here and I will not get an X series until this debuts so we can all wait :P

Old 09-07-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Um...no...my wife has one, picked up from our local Sony Style store and 1/5th off MSRP to boot. Gotta love those holiday sales promotions, even on just-released items.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I promised the person not to say anything but I am sure you guys have seen my posts here and I will not get an X series until this debuts so we can all wait :P
Spoil sport - but I trust ya', so it's all good!!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Ascariss,

Can you give us some indication of what's around the corner? I'm on the verge of buying the old S639, although I would much prefer the X1000/X1060 at a reduced price.

If you can't tell us what the upcoming product is, can you at least tell us how it will affect the pricing/received view of existing models? It would be much appreciated!

Old 09-07-2009, 12:55 PM

well pricing on the current models is not slated to drop that much but there are coupons and discounts for example on a few, ie for canada from sony style, there is a coupon for 25 bucks off the S and E, check my blog for the post.

it all depends what apple will do on sept 9th with their ipods ie pricing and specs. from rumours and the what not it appears that the ipods will have cameras built into them, but with no flash(?) I do not believe they will be of much use when it gets darker outside.

The main issue is pricing, with the zuneHDs are priced much lower than the current ipod touch models and the zuneHD, even I will admit this, is one serious piece of hardware, plus oled so win.

therefore once th new ipods are released I do hope they ship with lower prices since then sony might lower the price of the X in the US to at least battle the new ipods.

From what I know, pricing on the X is supposed to drop during christmas to move more product since CES will have new walkman models.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:19 PM

^Can you tell Sony to introduce gapless for mp3 and 'on the go playlists'. The psp plays gapless and it isn't even a sole music player (that's backwards isn't it). At least implement flac with gapless. I'm tired of using WAV just to get gapless playback (I have no room to put other songs on it).

Old 09-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
^Can you tell Sony to introduce gapless for mp3 and 'on the go playlists'. The psp plays gapless and it isn't even a sole music player (that's backwards isn't it). At least implement flac with gapless. I'm tired of using WAV just to get gapless playback (I have no room to put other songs on it).
Why not convert to single track mp3 so you have more room?

Old 09-07-2009, 02:35 PM

if the file is a single mp3 you cannot skip single songs, only fast forward and that is tiresome and just plain stupid. Unless sony introduced support for cue files I doubt it, single mp3s are not the best option.