android
Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 AM

Help P3 stretching the images embedded in ID3 tags...

Well, I got the P3, and there's literally just one thing I don't like: the way it displays images that are embedded in the ID3 v2 tags in MP3s. The players I've seen so far kept the correct aspect ratio of those images - you could have an image that was 300 pixels wide and 30 pixels tall embedded in an .MP3 file, and it would display as a long, thin image.

But the P3 always stretches the images, to fill a square. If the image is wider than taller, it gets stretched vertically... if it's taller than wider, it's stretched horizontally. It's quite annoying.

I'll bet many here have already been exploring the insides of the firmware - is there anything that could be modified in it to make the P3 keep the aspect ratio and stop stretching?

Last edited by Bixx; 09-05-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 AM

Well it would be better if you used album art that was shaped like CD covers. You seem to have art shaped like a VHS box or cassette tape cover. If you are interested in the Terminator soundtrack use the actual Soundtrack CD cover.

I've never seen a distorted image, ALL my albums are tagged with album art.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00354.JPG (124.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Leroy Bad; 09-05-2009 at 11:58 AM.