android
Old 09-07-2009, 11:14 PM

Exclamation Touch screen not working, DESPERATE!

When I go to the 'Music' Menu and try to select 'Songs' it selects Genres or Albums instead. Or nothing happens. No haptic at all. It's the same on all menus, in that same row. Apparently it has something to do with the calibration. No idea what that is.
Actually, if I touch right in the middle or on the far left it occasionally selects it.
Am really really desperate, have reset all default, etc. I live in Australasia, and the p3 has not been released and there is no sign of a release date, so my P3 was ordered in from Hong Kong, smeaning that there's no way I can get it repaired/replaced/refunded.

Please help! am starting to really hate my wonderful P3!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 AM

To make it simple without the technical explanation, hold it in one hand and use your thumb, the fatter the area of your thumb you use the better the P3 response. The way the electro-capacitive screens are made makes calibration obsolete. Don't use the tip of your finger to touch the screen.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:40 AM

register your product at www.samsung.com then request a repair ticket.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 AM

Unhappy :(

I always use my thumb. It's not the way I'm pressing the screen, there is something wrong with the screen itself.
And I can't register it because it hasn't been released in Australasia yet. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll try the customer service number when I have 3 hours to spare

I think I might have a faulty version, because I've had it for 2 months now, and the black at the back is wearing away. It looks all white and smudgy now

Old 09-09-2009, 03:48 AM

If you bought an import from korea or japan, it might be version 1.0 of the PCB. We speculated that the 1.0 might be faulty and had a high failure rate that was not acceptable by samsung, well I speculated anyway.

Get it registered as iOsasu sugested. Samsung leaves a note in the box that says send it back to Samsung directly anyways. The samsung service center in the USA has serviced devices that was bought overseas and got them back just fine. It should be the same down there.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM

we both pulled apart our P3's for the world,
but Trikon000 was the first to tell everyone that there's a posibility of a version 1.0 hardware release (with faulty sensors, regulators, and some other hardware things).

just send it back to samsung for repair/replacement directly, hopefully they should accept.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:54 AM

My P3 was released 2009/05/14, according to it. On the back it calls itself a YP-P3CB/XSH. Does that defineatly make it a faulty model??

Okay, hopefully Samsung will be nice
I think they're pretty slack down here. When my P2 broke during a firmware update I got it sent away to them and heard back from them about a month later. They blamed me for everything, because there was a small crack it the screen (which had been there for about 2 months). Then I replied stating that it was not my fault at all and never heard back from them. Eventually, I got a voucher from the store I had bought it from. And Samsung still have my P2. I know it was broken, but I would have liked for them to have given it back, seeing as they didn't actually end up paying me for it

So basically, will I have to call, email or pay a visit to Samsung HQ??
And/or can anybody suggest a reason for it's screen issues and a way it can be fixed

Old 10-09-2009, 12:23 PM

Hi,

Mine was a 32GB bought from Korea (should not be v1.0 anymore?) and also lost screen response after pressing too hard on it. On my set the P3 face actually touches the display when I pressed on it. So I opened it up and added some stickit around the edges of the screen as spacer. Also loosen the screws that hold the metal frame containing the display to the plastic case before putting it back together. I managed to get touch response back after that. Maybe the plastic P3 case as deforming.

I posted this in another thread but am posting here again in case you are still looking at it still.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:13 PM

just an FYI, the "release date" in the settings actually refers to the release date of the software, which changes... also, it doesn't sound like you are running the latest firmware, update it and see if that helps..

Tags
calibration, samsung p3, touch screen