android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman S Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2009, 12:42 AM

Default New S-series got me interested, have a few walkman questions

My iPod Classic 30GB died a few months ago, so I've been looking to replace it. I want a smaller flash player that I can carry with me easily, hold most of my music (16GB plus but would love 32GB), and NO touch screen. I was actually waiting for the Apple event with hopes they might unveil a 32GB nano (don't hit me!) but I was surprised that didn't happen. I've looked a few of the other flash player makers (Creative, Sandisk) and while they look good on paper, the looks and quality seem really lacking after reading many customer reviews and experiences.

My optimal player would basically be the newest S-series (S540) but with 32GB memory and podcast support, but I'm not sure how often Sony refreshes their players so I'm not sure I want to wait another year. If Sony doesn't have anything else up their sleeves this fall, I could definitely live with a 16GB S-series for now, especially at its fairly low price. I do have a few questions about the S-series Walkman players though:

1. Is there any chance of a new Walkman that's closer to my needs coming out this fall? (32GB, no touchscreen, $200ish)

2. If I got a 16GB S-series, is the biggest difference between the 2 generations that the old has podcast support/Sense me and the new removes those but has speakers? Is audio quality and battery life about the same?

3. Do either S-series gen Walkman players support rating songs on the player? (the 5 star rating you can see in windows explorer, windows media player)

4. Does anyone else happen to use J. River Media Jukebox and know if syncing it with the S-series Walkman players works? If so, do the playlists created by Media Jukebox work as well?

Thanks! This seems to be a great place to get (non iPod) mp3 player advice!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]