android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi

Old 09-21-2009, 03:48 PM

Default The required section was not found in the INF - Zen X-FI

I have tried several times to install my Creative Zen X-Fi but it is not working.

The software is installing fine, but will not detect any devices. Windows detects it each time and asks me to install it but always fails and give the above error

"There was a problem installing this hardware. MTP device. The required section was not found in the INF"

Have tried reinstalling the software and Windows Media Player 11 but to no avail.

Please help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-21-2009, 05:20 PM

aaggh.. right im getting somewhere. after reinstalling WMP11 i realised the error was different and the icon had changed to a Zen icon

"The specified file could not be found"

I managed to go into device manager and update the driver with wpdmtp.inf and it actually installed succesfully. it is now showing in my computer as "MTP Device" and windows detects it when you turn it on and asks you what software you want to open it with...

however not matter what i use, the software will not detect the player!! aaaaarrrrgh!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:31 PM

just tried uninstalling the driver in device manager, reconnected and installed again... showing as Creative Zen X-Fi again in device manager, but says driver needs reinstalling.

is there dedicated driver i can use, or just the wpdmtp.inf that is floating about? this does work but it displays as MTP Device so i assume it is incorrect and possibly the reason software isnt picking it up?