android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 AM

Help Cover/Album Art on E345

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I was searching for guidance on cover art for my Sony NWZ-E345. I found many suggestions regarding format of cover art, file size etc, though I really found myself a bit lost in this jungle of information. So I decided to test things for myself.

The E345 supports cover art for mp3/ wma/ aac (.m4a) files.
For mp3 files: Cover art file needs to be in jpeg format. Size really isn't fixed. I tried a 1200*1200 file of 1016 KB, it worked. I also had some files/ tracks with 765 KB or 462 KB cover arts, they also worked fine. Though I personally prefer cover arts to be in the 300*300 to 600*600 with file size of less than 100 KB (because many mp3 players might not support larger files as cover art), much larger files also seem to be working fine. I did not find any tracks with jpeg cover arts not be working (in my small collection of about 2300+ tracks).
For wma (.wma) files: File type of the cover art needs to be jpeg. Some tracks with 500*500 of up to 70 KB worked fine, but some smaller ones with even 200*200 of 10-20 KB didn't work. Not really sure why.
For aac (.m4a) files: Same here like wma. File type of the cover art needs to be jpeg. Some tracks with 500*500 of up to 82 KB worked fine, but some smaller ones with even 300*300 of 23-47 KB didn't work. Not really sure why.

Can anyone tell me what are the requirements for cover/ album art file size (both in xy*xy and in KB) for wma(.wma) and aac(.m4a) are? I use MP3Tag for editing tags. Also, I like to edit the tags manually by myself, not use some other software like Media Monkey etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

*All the file sizes are that of files I tested. Your mileage may vary.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
album art, cover art, e344, e345, sony e series