android
Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 AM

Default Ghost in the T10 - switches on & off by itself!

Here's the problem my t10 developed just after a year of ownership:

After switching on the T10, the touch-screen would not respond - like it was in lock mode ...but no lock symbol on the display. After switching on & off a few times the touch-screen would eventually respond, then the unit would turn itself off after a couple of minutes, even though it was fully charged.

Now it sometimes takes up to 30 minutes of switching on & off to get the touch-screen to function. It also keeps turning itself on when it is switched off , like it's possessed! Really annoying because after a full charge the battery is flat after 8hrs even when it's turned off to the lock position.

YP-T10JAB/XSA 4GB 2007/10
MTP 3.06 usa firmware

I suspect the problem lies in the on/off switch. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any solutions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=Koritsu;399302]Here's the problem my t10 developed just after a year of ownership:

After switching on the T10, the touch-screen would not respond - like it was in lock mode ...but no lock symbol on the display. After switching on & off a few times the touch-screen would eventually respond, then the unit would turn itself off after a couple of minutes, even though it was fully charged.

Now it sometimes takes up to 30 minutes of switching on & off to get the touch-screen to function. It also keeps turning itself on when it is switched off , like it's possessed! Really annoying because after a full charge the battery is flat after 8hrs even when it's turned off to the lock position.

Upgrade to the 3.07 MSC firmware, runs a lot better from some of the posting in these groups and gives some added features.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM

i had a problem similar to this and sent it in to be serviced. i remember when i registered my T-10, Samsung extended the warranty. i do not remember by how much. if you can try to see if your payer is still under warranty. my diagnosis said that the part that was the problem was #AH92-02739B.
good luck.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 AM

Thanks zipdisk , I have updated my firmware to MSC 3.06 and seem to get better battery life. As for the fabled 3.07 MSC firmware.... are you sure it exists?
I have searched through emodio.com and the latest is 3.06.

Thanks t 3700 , I have just registered my t10 (though I did fill out a form and posted it off when I bought it over a year ago). How long did they take to replace the part?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koritsu View Post
Thanks zipdisk , I have updated my firmware to MSC 3.06 and seem to get better battery life. As for the fabled 3.07 MSC firmware.... are you sure it exists?
I have searched through emodio.com and the latest is 3.06.

Thanks t 3700 , I have just registered my t10 (though I did fill out a form and posted it off when I bought it over a year ago). How long did they take to replace the part?
Here is a direct dnload link for 3.07 MSC

http://down.kr.samsungmobile.com/upl...ur_Chaplin.zip

It has the Lafleur boot screen and the Chaplin GUI, this page has links for the other GUI's

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=42612

Don't use MTP GUI's with MSC firmware..

Here is some thing else that could be of help.

Regional differences
The Korean version of the YP-T10 supports synchronized lyrics embedded in songs and video bookmarking. In most regions, MTP is used as the file transfer protocol. However, switching to UMS from MTP and vice-versa is possible, but most likely voids the player's warranty in all regions. Moreover, European versions offer RDS. There is also a special Best Buy version that contains custom firmware with direct Rhapsody link-up.

The synchronized lyrics do work as I have tried them, there is a Samsung program for this buts its old, but MediaMonkey does it as well.

The US fimware can easy be fixed for RDS (EU Model) a simple config.dat file, but Not for the Best Buy fimware.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 AM

it took 2 tries and i think the 2nd time it got it back in less than 2 weeks. it took 2 tries to fix because the 1st time they were not able to duplicate the problems that i was having. so, the 2nd CS person suggested that i include a note describing the problem etc. etc. and it worked and i got my T-10 fixed.
include a note describing the problem.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the links zipdisk , after formatting and using your method I now have the 3.07 MSC firmware running and was able to use some backup files I made b4 formatting to restore all my files.
The battery drain problem has disappeared with the new firmware and I get much longer playing hrs than b4....weird but good!
Still having issues with the touch screen and spontaneously turning off but not on.
Thanks t 3700 I will check if my T10 is still under warranty.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM

Lightbulb Formatting the player with a computer=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koritsu View Post
Thanks for the links zipdisk , after formatting and using your method I now have the 3.07 MSC firmware running and was able to use some backup files I made b4 formatting to restore all my files.
The battery drain problem has disappeared with the new firmware and I get much longer playing hrs than b4....weird but good!
Still having issues with the touch screen and spontaneously turning off but not on.
Hello all,

I've had the similar on-off problem with my player for some time, although Samsung service in Germany says that the player is operating according to specs.. difficult to ask repair, when they respond that the player works ok in the service

3.07 KR software has maybe helped a little bit, but the player has still jammed and started by itself from time to time. Maybe this has been caused by a corrupted mp3 file, by the use of Bluetooth or by my tweaks with the FWDN.. who knows

After the latest on-off issues and "you have less than 10MB available" error, I decided to reset the player with a needle as usual, and I also formatted the player with my computer: as T10 acts like an usb disk, I used the same formatting command as with other disk drives. Maybe because of this and because of the uncorrupted mp3 files, my player has worked without the ghost inside for some time. Maybe this advice helps others with a ghostful T10! However, I can not be sure how other players are affected by this disk formatting. Mine started to work normally, and the player created all the basic directories (Music, Pictures, etc.) during the startup.

-Tero

Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahonen View Post
Hello all,

I've had the similar on-off problem with my player for some time.

After the latest on-off issues and "you have less than 10MB available" error, I decided to reset the player with a needle as usual, and I also formatted the player with my computer: as T10 acts like an usb disk, I used the same formatting command as with other disk drives. Maybe because of this and because of the uncorrupted mp3 files, my player has worked without the ghost inside for some time.
Maybe because of vbr mp3 files that I loaded to my player yesterday, my player has made a couple of shutdowns and lockups with the lights staying on today. Now the device seems to work ok again after a couple resets with needle and loading the battery. Hopefully, the problem is related to those files that I've added.

How about you guys having a faulty T10, have you found a trick to get it work again? Possible solutions what I've seen are flashing the player with a new firmware, resetting the player with a needle or during the startup ("hard reset"), formatting the player from its menu and formatting the player with a computer.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM

sorry, but since i got my T-10 fixed i have not had any serious problems (knock on wood), may be one or two resets.

good luck