android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 04-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

To Dunny:

Late to this thread as I just got myself a Fuze but...

Just want to say that YAPL for the Fuze is the greatest things since sliced bread...Amazing little app that does exactly what is says.

You, sir, should be given a medal.

cheers and big thank you!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Is VB still considered a "programming" language?
Delphi tutorial app written in VB4

Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM

Can you make a release that can display unicode (chinese, japanese, korean etc) correctly? I listen a lot of japanese and korean songs but in YAPL they can't be displayed. Thanks~

Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 AM

I tried to use your program under WINE in Ubuntu Linux. Unfortunately, there is no option to browse for the drive's directory as Linux's file structure is quite different.
Please try and provide this option so that I may use your program with my sansa fuze.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

In case anyone is interested, current screenshots of YAPL in action on a Win XP SP2 machine:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...7&postcount=47
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 PM

Personally, I think this program is awesome. It's not perfect -- I noticed it doesn't always get the track numbers right in my files, for example -- but it is SO much more convenient then going into WMP to tweak a playlist and having to re-sync everything.

What would make this even more helpful for me, personally, is if I could enter filters as I build playlists (e.g. "Black Eyed Peas") so that I could quickly find whatever I wanted to add as the next track on the playlist.

Overall, though, I'm thoroughly impressed.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey RunAndWrite: I too am a big fan of Dunny's YAPL. However, check out the incompletely named video4Fuze application as well. From what I understand, Dunny shared some code with the developer of video4Fuze.

These 2 are the ONLY apps which I have found which can create playlists on the Fuze using songs from both main memory and external SDHC card, an invaluable ability.

For your problem with track numbers, I have never had an issue. Are your tags correct? Filenames uniform?

FYI, my mp3 files are all 100% set to read only - not sure if this makes any difference at all, but I never encounter any of the weird issues people occasionally have with stuff like this.

Again, props to Dunny for YAPL and also to a great app video4Fuze.

hth and good luck,
-lestatar
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Banned

Another option for creating playlists, its not as advanced BUT it works GREAT and is crazy fast
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=55657

Old 12-23-2011, 03:14 PM

Default yapl vs Amazon MP3s

I just noticed that yapl v0.4 can't see the track information in any MP3s that I purchase through Amazon.

Using TagScanner to compare the Amazon MP3s to rips I've done in the past, it appears that Amazon is storing the track information that includes the total number of tracks on the album. Maybe in the form, "1/13"? Win7 has no trouble pulling the track number out of that and displaying it in the status line.

I searched on yapl and didn't see any mention of a newer version. Is the author still working on it? This should be a reasonably simple fix.

Is Media Monkey the current favorite alternative playlist maker for the Fuze?

Drake

Old 12-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Dunny's public profile says he hasn't been here in over a year. I don't see any other activity from him doing a google so I'm guessing he's not working on YAPL any more. Also IIRC his Fuze had white screened on him and he said something to the effect that if he didn't have one it didn't make sense for him to continue to develop for it.

The first thing I always do when I get a track from anywhere I didn't rip is rewrite the tags. I haven't used TagScanner in while but I found it to do a good job. If the tagging is the problem it should be able to retag your Amazon files so they work properly.

video4fuze should work to create .pla playlists using files that were loaded in MSC. The name gets it overlooked as a playlist maker but when I needed a playlist maker for both my Fuze and Clip+ it worked very well for me. I found it to be the most convenient way for me to create playlists that included files from both the internal and external memory.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 PM

I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but I didn't get a notice.

Anyway, thanks for the prompt response. I'll try video4fuze.

Drake