android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Mozaic

Old 09-27-2009, 01:18 PM

Default Lost my installation cd wondering if there are any links to download the software.

I've recently purchased a new laptop and can't find my installation cd for the mosaic anywhere as much as i don't mind using it as a removable drive i'd prefer to have the original software. Can anyone help?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarancolton View Post
I've recently purchased a new laptop and can't find my installation cd for the mosaic anywhere as much as i don't mind using it as a removable drive i'd prefer to have the original software. Can anyone help?
You don't need the Creative junkware. Media Monkey, J. River Media, Winamp will all load music on the Mozaic just fine.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 AM

Cool thanks for that

i've been looking for alternatives which one of those three do you prefer, and do they also do the job of converting some files to the mosaic format?

Old 06-21-2011, 04:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ hate to say, but personal preference really.

Many of us very much like MediaMonkey, but I also use Winamp to manage some of my players. I'd say look at MediaMonkey first.

As for converting [called transcoding] audio files - the Mozaic support mp3, WMA, WAV and Audible [ebooks usually]. Which format is your source and what target format do you want? Are you sure you need to transcode in the first place? Or are you talking about "ripping" music from CDs to formats like mp3, WMA, etc...

All the above media managers should be able to transcode between most formats, though again, many folks use foobar2k for music transcoding like this. I know I do.

Hope this helps and is not too confusing...But if it is, just say so and ask! Lots of people around here to help you out.
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell2130 View Post
i've been looking for alternatives which one of those three do you prefer, and do they also do the job of converting some files to the mosaic format?
I take it that you are speaking of the video format ? if so then you will need the Creative Centrale software for that http://support.creative.com/Products...aspx?catid=948