android
Old 10-04-2009, 11:10 PM

Default NWZ-S545 Itunes help? Video encoding?

Hi,
I just picked up a 16gb s series, nifty little player! The drag and drop works fine, but i am having some trouble.
My itunes files show up as mpeg 4 movie files, whats up with that? It will play on the player, but not on my car stereo. The #1 primary reason for my purchase of this player was so i would be able to use my massive itunes library as is. Is there a way around this? Why is it reading them as movie files?

I am also having trouble with the video tranfers, but im working on it. I read the post about using dvd catalyst 3 & im about to try it. I used Slysoft's CloneDVD Mobile, the h.264 quality was bad, (couldnt change the default size), the wmv experimental wasnt recognized by the player, and the MPEG 4 ''stuttered''. It was like it was skipping frames. I am currently playing with Handbrake, h.264 wasnt recognized, mpeg 4 was, but the quality is crap. Experimenting to see if i can get it better.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Ok, so i found a free program that takes care of the video & does a decent job at it. Format Factory 2.10.
Is it just me, or is the viewing angle when watching horizontal a pain? I have to tilt the left side of the player back to get a good angle, so i wouldnt be able to set it down on a desk & watch, id have to use the tiny stand piece, (the one i KNOW im going to lose).

Old 10-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grynchmeister View Post
Ok, so i found a free program that takes care of the video & does a decent job at it. Format Factory 2.10.
Is it just me, or is the viewing angle when watching horizontal a pain? I have to tilt the left side of the player back to get a good angle, so i wouldnt be able to set it down on a desk & watch, id have to use the tiny stand piece, (the one i KNOW im going to lose).
I couldn't really say, I only use mine for audio. For the sake of experimentation, when I got it, I tried a few video podcasts on it that I just dragged and dropped onto the CTS, and a couple looked ok, and a couple didn't work. I just held it in my hand for those few attempts.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grynchmeister View Post
Is it just me, or is the viewing angle when watching horizontal a pain?
It's not just you. I am not familiar with different types of LCD's, but the one they used in the S545 definitely looks best when viewed in the "portrait" (vertical) orientation. I've seen other LCD's that look good from any angle. This one does not look good when viewed horizontally from the left (or vertically from the top.) This is what I think is happening: When viewing the LCD horizontally, the colors vary greatly depending on the horizontal viewing angle. They vary so much that your left eye and your right eye are seeing almost different images (try closing each of your eyes seperately while watching a horizontal video and you'll see what I mean.) It hurts our collective brain. I don't remember if the S639 was like this or not, but to me this is one more strike against the S545.

Matt