android
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 PM

Angry Sansa freezes when downloading

I am not a techie at all, and I've had nothing but problems from day 1. The most recent development has been freezing when I'm trying to download music files. It gets supposedly one song in, and completely freezes up. So now I can't even put anything I want on it! I am so frustrated, I'm thinking of getting an ipod!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
I am not a techie at all, and I've had nothing but problems from day 1. The most recent development has been freezing when I'm trying to download music files. It gets supposedly one song in, and completely freezes up. So now I can't even put anything I want on it! I am so frustrated, I'm thinking of getting an ipod!!
This is why we suggest to people to research before they buy something. Research would have told you that the View sucks, and suggested you get a different player.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:25 AM

Thanks. That's a lot of help.
My husband got it for me, after doing all the research.
Does anyone have anything helpful?

Old 10-30-2009, 03:30 PM

How are you moving music onto it?
MSC or USB mode? (I think those are the two modes I forget).
If you have latest firmware (released more than 1 year ago), you can set the option in settings inside the view.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 PM

To get it out of being locked up, disconnect it from the computer and then slide the hold button up and hold it there for 30 seconds or so until it shuts off.

Have you tried updating the firmware to the most current version which is 1.03.02? That's the version I have and the only troubles I have is getting my video files into a format that the view will play.

I like transferring music to my View using windows explorer, just like I would copy files to a USB drive.