android
Old 10-12-2009, 03:21 PM

Help Overdrive WMA DRM

I love my Fuze! Love it! I love it so much I haven't yet bothered to put the Rockbox firmware on it. That's how much I looooooove my Fuze.

I use my portable player primarily for listening to audiobooks. I like the Fuze's ability to resume playback where you left off in an individual file even if you've gone off to listen to some music in the meantime. I'd prefer real bookmarking, but this is a very close second best.

One of the main reasons I haven't gone with Rockbox yet is that several libraries I belong to offer downloadable audiobooks through either Overdrive or Netlibrary, both of whom distribute in the protected WMA format. Overdrive is starting to do mp3 audiobooks, but the majority of available books are still in protected WMA format.

What I want to know is this: Is there any way for me to get the Fuze to recognize these protected files as audiobooks? I've only tried one so far using overdrive and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to choose a destination folder. Once they are on the player, I can't move them about freely, I get an error message. I'd like to be able to get them into the audiobooks folder or otherwise have them tagged as audiobooks so I can avail myself of the playback resumption feature. Has anyone out there figured this out yet?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Wow, ten minutes later and I just found the answer. You actually have a choice when you transfer the files in Overdrive of where you want to put them. It defaults to the "music" folder, but if you choose "advanced options" you can change it to whatever location you want. I put the files in the audiobooks folder and now I am in business.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:28 PM

Do you know of a way to get the Netlibrary books into the audiobook folder? I've been editing the NL files by putting 'audiobook' as the genre and that seems to work, I'd just prefer to sync them to the audiobook folder. BTW, I use WMP 11 to sync the NL files. Thanks for any help.