android
Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM

Default Playlists and WMP11

Creating playlists in WMP11 and syncing to the X-Fi2 results in the correct files being copied to the player, but no playlists are created. Is it possible to do this or do I have to use something else?

I have tried Creative Centrale and while it does create the playlists, if you inadvertantly copy the same playlist to the player it creates a new playlist with (1) appended to the name, which isn't ideal.

Any recommendations for other media players would be welcome.

Cheers!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_h View Post
Creating playlists in WMP11 and syncing to the X-Fi2 results in the correct files being copied to the player, but no playlists are created. Is it possible to do this or do I have to use something else?

I have tried Creative Centrale and while it does create the playlists, if you inadvertantly copy the same playlist to the player it creates a new playlist with (1) appended to the name, which isn't ideal.

Any recommendations for other media players would be welcome.

Cheers!
MediaMonkey, Winamp, and J.River media jukebox are probably the 3 most popular. Any of them would be better than WMP11.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:33 PM

I had tried Winamp before with my old Zen but they didn't get on, although now that appears because my Zen had a fault! That and I managed to make Winamp do something aggravating to my ID3 tags.

However the former is no longer relevant and the latter was user error.

Winamp is working well now.

And I'm glad to say that Audible audiobooks work from the memory card.