android
Old 10-28-2009, 02:09 PM

Default Music availability on Zune Marketplace vs iTunes

Since getting the Zune HD, I've been subscribing to the ZunePass, and I've noticed that what people said were rare instances of music not being available, actually seems to be very common at least for me. New albums and old albums alike. What is even more irritating about this is that some of these albums are available via iTunes and Amazon. I realize that these are not subscription services like ZunePass, but why would these albums, such as the new Pearl Jam album to be specific, be available to buydigitally through iTunes and other sources but not as an "album only" purchase through the Zune Marketplace? If I continue to come across this problem, I will definitely not be renewing my ZunePass much longer.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Zune Moderator

It is all do to licensing and what the record companies let the different places publish. So in this case the record company Pear Jam uses must not have given rights to Microsoft to put it in the marketplace. This is not necessarily Microsoft's fault at all, it might be the record company.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:45 PM

I wish the marketplace would not show things that are not available.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Zune Moderator

it actually doesn't unless you tell it to show all.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:48 PM

I want Metallica - I have the free 14-day trial and nope, no Metallica for me, not "free".

So I opt in for $15 a month, because I like what I'm getting, but I have to live without Metallica?

Now that it's sinking in, I don't like it so much, especially now that I can't get certain ZZ Top albums...