android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi

Old 11-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Default xfi does not recognize files written with the explorer

hi

lately my zen xfi shows a strange behaviour. if i drag&drop files on it with the windows explorer / directory opus the files are transfered to it but they dont show up in the artist-list or any other.

the creative centrale however puts the files i copy via the explorer under "unknown" it looks like the explorer forgets to transfer the mp3tag Oo.

files transfered with the creative centrale work however.

any ideas on what is wrong with it Oo?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-14-2009, 04:46 PM

ok after hours of research i figured it is a problem of win xp64. basically the x64 explorer does not work correctly with the mtp protocoll and the service responsible for handling the mtp devices.

some say only the wmp10 version of mtp-drivers work and some say installing wmp11 solves the problem. the wmp10 was preinstalled in my xp64 so i installed the wmp11 specially for win xp 64bit but nothing really changed.

i should say that i indeed changed from xp32 to xp64 only a few months ago.

however i was quite satisfied with transfering mp3s via the normal explorer. so does anyone usw xp64 and the explorer with the zen? any other suggestions are also very welcome

Old 11-15-2009, 07:10 PM

if maybe someone stumbles upon this thread. as far as i can say there is no solution to this problem because the actual cause is the normal x64 windows explorer which does not write the mp3tags properly with the mtp protocoll on the device.

its not really what i wanted (especially because of the organisation of the folders) but it seems that x64 (xp) definitly needs creative centrale / media monkey etc.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:25 PM

well if you got it figured out, thats cool, but If using explorer, make sure you put the files in to the 'music' folder, or else x-fi doesn't recognize it. Last time my x-fi went buggy, I had a music folder inside the music folder, and it only read files that were in the nested one :3.