android
Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 AM

I have a little question: I noticed that in the "music play screen" you can choose the Album art with lyrics option, well, I tried to put lyrics in some songs but I failed, and I haven't found anything about this in the manual..
I tried to use the Id3v2 synchronized lyrics and the Lyrics3v2 lyrics and I put the lyrics in the "text" option using mediamonkey (maybe I did it wrong), Is there anyone who tried this and succeeded? I'd like to have some lyrics (preferably synchronized) in my M1...
I found this site http://www.id3.org/Lyrics3v2 but I'm also searching for sites which give the lyrics already synchronized to the song (except for http://powerlrc.atspace.com/)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Samsung Moderator

You have to sync lyrics with EmoDio KR setup or the old Samsung Lyrics Station.
That's boring and complicated. That's why nobody uses lyrics.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
You have to sync lyrics with EmoDio KR setup or the old Samsung Lyrics Station.
That's boring and complicated. That's why nobody uses lyrics.
ok.. Thanks.. I'm a little disappointed, this was a good feature for me..
Anyway, there's no way to add songs in "now playing" list without having to create a playlist (that is boring and slow if you just want to listen songs performed by two different artists just one time..)?

Old 08-30-2010, 05:39 AM

Hey some guy was asking about a portable charger.

The M1 uses the same AC adaptor as my Samsung phone. You might need to buy an adaptor for the actual plug.

I have some questions.

1. Does anyone else have problems when syncing with Media Monkey? It takes HOURS to copy 20gb of files over, way longer than on my D2. It also says something like "building file list" for a really long time, before it starts transferring them.

2. I have the latest firmware but my id3 tags are all messed up. Sometimes when I copy them it won't show them at all, sometimes it only shows the album names and not the artists, sometimes it won't let me go into the file browser. There is always a new problem every time I format and recopy the files.

It's a shame because the sound quality is absolutely amazing (way better than the D2, to my ears), but there are so many other problems that I'm thinking about getting rid of it.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Which Samsung phone do you have? I've got to buy a new one and having the same charger as my M1 would be an interesting feature..

Anyway I've got your same problems: the player is quite slow when I have to copy lots of GBs or to build the file list and sometimes it doesn't show the proper album art (even if I add it in all the songs of the album itself in the same way of all the others)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpeas42 View Post
Hey some guy was asking about a portable charger.

The M1 uses the same AC adaptor as my Samsung phone. You might need to buy an adaptor for the actual plug.

I have some questions.

1. Does anyone else have problems when syncing with Media Monkey? It takes HOURS to copy 20gb of files over, way longer than on my D2. It also says something like "building file list" for a really long time, before it starts transferring them.

2. I have the latest firmware but my id3 tags are all messed up. Sometimes when I copy them it won't show them at all, sometimes it only shows the album names and not the artists, sometimes it won't let me go into the file browser. There is always a new problem every time I format and recopy the files.

It's a shame because the sound quality is absolutely amazing (way better than the D2, to my ears), but there are so many other problems that I'm thinking about getting rid of it.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 PM

I live in Korea so I don't know if it's even available. It's just a crappy free one.

It doesn't matter though because you can buy adaptors to make Samsung chargers work with all their phones. You just need to find the one with the small plug.

My id3 tags started working today. I don't think I even did anything. I really don't understand this damn player!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM

I have samsung M1 16gigs, sometimes I can plug and connect the usb into my laptop but usually I can't connect into it, it always happen.. I tried to format the whole memory and set up as default but nothing happen..
Can you solve this problem?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:27 PM

Update your windows media player to WMP 11

Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 AM

Default weird question

received today the m1 eur 32 gb version.
noticed 1.14 fw
wanted to update to 1.32 or 1.29 (any advice?? )
normally i take possession of device very soon this time though i cannot understand where the yp-m1.rom file must be copied to perform a firmware update.
for past k5 and p2 always copied rom files inside the memory root...now it's impossible. i had to be sure it's like that if a i need to do with superuser rights...
I'm endorsing ubuntu 10.04 64bit, and I can see the m1 flawlessy as a usb device, so looking inside all folders. is no problem...
before bricking it wanted to ask to forum members.
thanks in advance.

PS tryed M1 with banshee...and works great. i suppose it would be the same with rhythmbox and similar, thanks to libmtp
oh do not forget to unmount m1 from desktop before starting banshee. it would speed up the identification of the player. (viceversa, banshee will first unmount it and then mount it inside program, but sometimes the procedure goes so and so )

Last edited by MrHaze; 10-29-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: adding PS

Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Samsung Moderator

It's the same way than for the K5 and P2. Put the ROM files at the root of the M1.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:24 AM

it says cannot locate the folder, but honestly i did not tryied with admin rights.
I'll try now then

Old 10-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Samsung Moderator

Make sure your M1 is in MSC mode.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM

mhhh
something is not working well.
i put the copy on long time ago and it's still stuck on 49.7 Mb...and not moving.
the player signal that is transferring but that goes on and off the screen...
weird.
ideas?

--EDIT-- tryed and retried the procedure. also as root. nothing to do with it.
it simply stuck at some point. lucky that it wasn't bricked. somehow i managed not to ruin the player. I'll try again on windows machine. maybe I'll be lucky. seems btw the problem is ubuntu. and not the player.
--EDIT2-- update. looking inside the layer all sample video, text and pictures disapperead. for sure an effect of the missed update. btw the player is working and report the same fw 1.14 EU-00-IK6
instead of approx 93 Mb it uses 18.2 only.
--EDIT3-- update again. i used my friend pc windows 7.MTP mode. copied in the root the 1.32 rom file. worked. it never restored pictures or flash appz or videos, and is using only 18.4 megabytes of data, but everything seems back to normal and finally i have 1.32 firmware.

THANKS EVERYBODY for the support! I'll enjoy my player now. Again, Thank you all of the community that helped!!!

Last edited by MrHaze; 10-29-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:54 PM

Default i have a problem !! :s:s

hy ! hop that you have a answer for my question
my problem is at my inbox, it mark full memory, even if i deleted evry thing !!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Samsung Moderator

Are you talking about your ABI PM box or about the M1?!

Old 10-31-2010, 04:39 PM

Default hy

Quote:
Are you talking about your ABI PM box or about the M1?!
its mamsung M1 vodafon 360 plz find me a solution that was a month i didnt consult my inbox :s:s

Old 10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry but you're on the wrong forum. We only talk about the Samsung DAPs here. The M1 Vodafon 360 is a smartphone.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:50 PM

Default ok

Quote:
I'm sorry but you're on the wrong forum. We only talk about the Samsung DAPs here. The M1 Vodafon 360 is a smartphone.

de toute façon merci pour le temps

Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 AM

Default About M1, Phones and TVs

Quote:
I'm sorry but you're on the wrong forum. We only talk about the Samsung DAPs here...
Besides making calls via the phone & bluetooth, I suspect this player cannot also browse the internet via the phone's data connection (same was the case with the P3 ). But does it have such capabilities built into it? What would be required for such a thing to happen (besides the obvious-a browser app and an onscreen keyboard)? A firmware upgrade? Or a hardware one (new player )?

Does TV-out allow you to view both photos and videos? Is there an HDMI adapter cable that could be used with this player, it being 720p capable?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Samsung Moderator

Would need a big firmware upgrade, that means many hours of R&D. Obviously there is no reason for Samsung do it.

"Does TV-out allow you to view both photos and videos?" > Yes
"Is there an HDMI adapter cable that could be used with this player, it being 720p capable?" > No