android
Old 03-31-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
yeah, I'm pretty stoked about this: I just cannot stand using my Fuze V2 - interface is rubbish, controls are shards of trash, and the low level hiss, usually not that annoying, is compounded because of rubbish, rubbish GUI system, lack of gapless, and shoddy file system support.

Great news to hear that Rockbox is progressing - thank you!
I think the stock firmware is pretty good except for the main menu. I'd prefer if it was a simple text-only list like all the other menus.

But hey, I won't argue that Rockbox is good stuff. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'll eventually be able to do much more with my $50 Fuze than I ever could with my $250 Zune 30

Travel:
Black 8GB Sansa Fuze w/BSE -> Thinksound Rain

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-31-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr C View Post
O boy this some exciting news, was considering the new cowon but if the sansa gets rockboxed looks like it gonna be the best audiophile player on the market.
No, the v1 (Rockboxed) Fuze is the best audiophile player on the market.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
There seems to be 2 different types of displays, so far we have only one working.

I have uploaded a patched bootloader so you can help us detecting if there is another type: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?...4225#msg164225

To recover after patching, simply keep power button pressed for 20 seconds, then hold the left button, press power to turn it on normally, plug on USB and unzip the unmodified Original Firmware (link is in the rockbox thread)

Like kugel said buttons do not work and screen brightness is very very poor so do not expect to play with rockbox yet (but soon I hope )
Awesome! It's sweet to see some real progress on the Fuze v2. Excellent work! I'm hoping for a release sometime in the next few months. It would make a lot of people, including me, very happy. I'd love to be a tester as long as it wouldn't brick my Fuze.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cewolf View Post
I think the stock firmware is pretty good except for the main menu.
My gripe with the OF is the file directory handling. With Rockbox I can play any file on the device and (with proper settings) Rockbox will continue with the next file, next directory and so on. That's very convenient for dealing with a bunch of directories that hold podcasts (and named so that they sort sequentially, e.g. 2010-03-31, 2010-04-01 ...) With OF, I can play a directory and when it gets to the last song in the directory, it just stops. Of course I can play the next directory up (the one that holds all of my daily directories) but if I want to start on, say, the third day, I have to individually skip through all tracks in the previous day's directories. For me, that's the biggest benefit to Rockbox.

And just to add...

Many thanks to all of the devs who make this happen. I can't wait for the versions to work with the ClipV2 and FuzeV2 but will resist the temptation to ask as I know it gets tiresome to keep answering that question. But rest assured that your efforts are really appreciated and the results eagerly anticipated. I'm happy to hear that these are getting close to reality.

best,
hank

Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Rockbox Developer

We've fixed backlight and buttons to work properly now. Rockbox runs as well on the fuzev2 as on the clipv2/clip+ now, so give it a try

Old 04-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Default is it working 100% now?

just wanted to know if it is working 100% now or what is it limitations?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status

Old 04-01-2010, 03:34 PM

You'll have to forgive me; I'm completely new to this whole Rockbox thing. Do I simply run the standard installer for my Fuze V2 or is there another source file I need?

Old 04-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
You'll have to forgive me; I'm completely new to this whole Rockbox thing. Do I simply run the standard installer for my Fuze V2 or is there another source file I need?
Theres instructions in the link above your post.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:28 AM

I installed it on my Fuze and it works! Though I'm having a few problems. Everytime I select a song, it says "Error accessing playlist control file", but it still plays the song. Also, the settings don't seem to save, for example, when I put a theme on and reset the Fuze, it goes back to the original theme instead. Also, album art doesn't display.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:38 AM

Nevermind, I see now on the status page that settings can't be saved. Still works good though.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM

Is one file supposed to 'unzip' no visible files? The OF tweaked file works, but the next one unzips incorrectly in OSX and my windows installation wants me to format my Fuze before I can put any files on it... No can do.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh, GAWD, it's almost ready for my V2 Fuze!!!! You guy's really rock,...just an FYI. I really can't wait. Now all I need is a 16gb microSD and I'm good to go when this is stable,...........sweet!!!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:55 AM

Damn cant wait for a simple install version to come out, I'm so glad I bough a fuze.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:15 AM

This is all great news for v2 Fuzers, but I hate to be the stick-in-the-mud in this conversation when I ask when will the Fuze get USB support especially since Rockbox has been out for the v1 Fuze for over a year?.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobergeek View Post
This is all great news for v2 Fuzers, but I hate to be the stick-in-the-mud in this conversation when I ask when will the Fuze get USB support especially since Rockbox has been out for the v1 Fuze for over a year?.
Well, you can always use the dual firmware to manage songs, watch videos and listen to the FM radio for now. It's very quick and easy.
Idk when since I'm not part of the dev. team.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Prower View Post
Well, you can always use the dual firmware to manage songs, watch videos and listen to the FM radio for now. It's very quick and easy.
Idk when since I'm not part of the dev. team.
I can do everything you mentioned already with Rockbox installed on my v1 Fuze. What I mean is not having to use the official firmware at all. USB support would allow charging, updating Rockbox etc. from within Rockbox. I have it on my Rockboxed e260 and it's a joy to use.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:58 PM

Anyone else's try loading music from the micro SD card? Mine will error, then play the music, then stop giving me this "PANIC wait for tran state failed (STBY)" thing.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobergeek View Post
I can do everything you mentioned already with Rockbox installed on my v1 Fuze. What I mean is not having to use the official firmware at all. USB support would allow charging, updating Rockbox etc. from within Rockbox.
Charging works fine on the V1 fuze (was added back in late 2008), its USB that doesn't work.

But I guess someone will work on USB eventually, we'll soon be out of other things to work on

Old 04-04-2010, 02:32 PM

Great job guys! now i have to go out and buy a V2 Fuze
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677