android
Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM

Talking How to make playlist? [Sony S-545]

I purchased a Sony S-545 yesterday, after owning [and still owning] a Creative Zen Sleek Photo for the past 3-4 years and I decided to get a new player.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how to make a playlist cuz I'm having difficulties, thank you in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

1. Download Media Software (google it, its safe!)
2. Get your music library onto the Media Go software
3. highlight your music that you want to add into a playlist.
4. right click, select "Add to Playlist/create new playlist"
5. It should now show up on your Computer category in the playlist section
6. Plug your Sony Walkman in.
7. Right click on your newly-made playlist, select "Put onto Walkman" (<< or something similar to that)
8. Unplug your walkman after transfer is done, see if it shows up in your playlist category of your walkman!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Damn, I was hoping it would be easier and it would come along w/the lil installation. Kinda blows. Oh well.

Thanks again.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yea, I can get pretty complicated, since you can only get Playlists onto your walkman using a kind of music software

Old 11-09-2009, 09:53 PM

I'm kinda thinking this player wasn't worth the purchase... I really like some other features Creative offers [making playlists on the device], but I was kinda stuck buying this one in stores since iPods are overpriced and so are Zune's...but hey it's plays music and that's the important thing.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's a uber good deal in my opinion, cuz I've heard from other people in this forum, a lot of people are having problems with Creative Products.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 PM

Really??..Eep. I have read some troubles people have been having, I guess I got lucky w/my player.

I agree it was a very good price, and the speakers are a nice perk & I do enjoy the overall sound quality, I'll just have to get used to this one.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, if you really need playlists, I think the Samsung PMPs have on-the-go playlists too

Old 11-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet View Post
I'm kinda thinking this player wasn't worth the purchase... I really like some other features Creative offers [making playlists on the device], but I was kinda stuck buying this one in stores since iPods are overpriced and so are Zune's...but hey it's plays music and that's the important thing.
I could have sworn it said something in the manual about easy playlist making with Windows Media PLayer 11......but I never tried it, 'cuz I don't make playlists.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM

I made a test playlist and dragged it in w/WMP but nothing happened and I can't find where it went in my player so it's takin up [a little bit] room-- D'OH!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet View Post
I purchased a Sony S-545 yesterday, after owning [and still owning] a Creative Zen Sleek Photo for the past 3-4 years and I decided to get a new player.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how to make a playlist cuz I'm having difficulties, thank you in advance
I will try and help.

First, it is possible to create playlists directly on the player without using music management software. The following thread contains the instructions for doing this: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=49101. Although it seems a little complicated when reading how to do it, you will find that it is actually very simple to do.

As far as music management software goes, when using Windows Media Player (WMP) you have to tell it which playlists to sync to your player. To do this, do the following after starting WMP and connecting your player to your computer:
  • Right click on the Sync button, select your player from the drop-down list, and select "Set up sync..." The Device Setup window will appear.
  • In the Device Setup window two lists of playlists will appear.
    • Under "Available Playlists" are all of the playlists that are available but aren't set to sync to your player. This list is divided into sync playlists and personal playlists.
    • Under "Playlists To Sync" are the playlists that are set to sync to your player. It also has an indicator to show how full your player will be after you sync.
  • Use the Add and Remove buttons that are between the two lists to choose the playlists that you want on your player.
  • When you are done, click the Finish button.
After you sync your player with WMP your playlists should appear on your player.

With MediaMonkey (MM) the process is a little more complicated. First, start MM and connect your player to your computer. MM will automatically create a profile for it. To set the playlists that will sync to your computer, do the following (your player doesn't have to be connected to your computer to do this):
  • On the menu bar click on "Tools" >> "Options" and then select "Portable/Audio Devices" from the side list.
  • Select your player from the list of available devices and then click on the "Configure" button.
  • A device profile will appear for your player. At the bottom of the window is an indicator that will show you the total amount of data that is set to sync to your player. This will change based on the changes you make to this profile.
  • Click on the "Playlists" tab.
  • A list of available playlists will appear. Click on the checkbox for the playlists you want on your player. Uncheck the ones you don't want.
  • Click on the Device Configuration tab. Ensure "Copy Playlists" is checked. You only have to do this once.
  • Click on "OK" Device Profile window, and then "OK" on the Options window.
The next time you sync your player with MM, your playlists will appear on your player.

Sorry to be a bit wordy. I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Last edited by CDMP3PlayerFan; 07-22-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Punctuation and spelling correction.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:28 AM

For me the easiest method is to use 'Songbird + MTP Plugin'. I simply plug the Player, I click the 'create playlist' symbol and I start dragging. I had troubles with MediaMonkey and this is way better.