android
Old 11-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Cool Do most bluetooth headphones work?

Before I bought my P3 a couple months back, I was reading a review on it and this guy was testing the motorola S805 headphones with the p3 and he/she said how the sound was compressed and awful. Well i dont know for sure but is this the case for all headphones? I want dj headphones not the earphones attached by the plastic piece that wraps around the back of your head...
Here's the review http://www.everythingusb.com/samsung-yp-p3-16329.html

Maybe the reviewer wasn't using the dnse idk but if the people with bluetooth headphones could tell me what they use and how they work, that would be great. I want to buy some so if you could recommend me yours or something you heard was definitely good, it would be very helpful.

Thanks guys
no worries on the battery life, i already looked up the life of the p3, thats all i need to know about its bluetooth capabilities.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Banned

All BT headphones sound bad imo... BT is ok for streaming across a room to some speakers, but no BT set is ever going to come close to an even quite modest set of wired phones.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:23 PM

The Bluetooth technology requires compression of the sound to some degree. It helps that the P3 utilizes DNSe 3.0 through bluetooth but if you don't like compression (typical FM radio sound) then you will probably want to avoid bluetooth A2DP profile use.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 PM

darn i was getting pissed at the wires, how the ear phones kept getting loose just cuz the cable was slightly pulled on......
well i guess im gonna have to deal with it....
thanks guys

Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 PM

Default bluetooth headset

I had the same problem with the first bluetooth headsets I owned..lack of bass, low quality. After doing some research I found these:
check them out if they still make them.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/p...tooth-headset/

These work quite well and after changing the audio settings they work almost perfectly all the time. Battery life is decent and you have an option to plug in a 3.5 mm audio cable if the battery runs out.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 PM

There is a huge amount of variability in the end sound quality of a set of BT headphones; just as there are a great number of opinions of the usefulness of BT headphones. You can not base your opinion on someone else's judgement or opinion. Most of it boils down you qualities you desire in a headset and the compromises your willing to make. The same holds true for wired heaphones, IEM, etc.

Some people here have found some happiness with BT and others have not. I could give you my opinion but yours really is the only one that matters.

My Opinion:
I haven't tried my S805 with the P3 but it did not shine with the P2 due to the lackluster BT output on the P2. There is some compression involved with it's output and probably is not suited for critical listening. But with other devices (mobile phones, yp-t9, computers), I was quite pleasantly surprised with the S805.

I just got a 32GB P3 so maybe I'll test this pair together.

The biggest beef I had with the S805 was the build quality. The copy I have suffers from various broken plastic bits. I was not impressed with it's durability.