android
Old 11-22-2009, 03:51 PM

Default Constant Rebuildin And Playlist..

my only two problems wit this player..whenever a change is made in anyway (adding music/video/picture/etc..),once u undock the player,it rebuilds the library... and the way it builds playlist is awful,wit it bein a .m3u file... creative centrale is crap,and using mediamonkey and anything else changes the names of my files and im very particular with that as i have them in grouprip foldes on my player...the only way is manually edit the .m3u file in notepad everytime u wanna change the playlist...should of kept the old way of managin the playlist...

also havin a bit of trouble with av out as i still get black n white scrollin screen even though its stet to ntsc,might just be the cord though...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2009, 11:42 AM

I suppose it re-building everytime you undock it is coz of it being a MSC player.

Creative should offer an option to switch between MTP/MSC in the firmware update hopefully. I don't see anything wrong with MTP...I mean those who have Mac's will always get an iPod anyway hehe

Old 12-08-2009, 05:13 PM

Just forgot to mention I currently have a Vision:M...

Whenever I put in new video/audio files & undock it does need say "Updating" though not "Rebuilding".

Updating takes about 5 seconds maximum.

Rebuilding part occurs only if you reset the player.

What does the X-Fi2 say to you when you undock it? "Rebuilding" or "Updating" ?

AV-Out problem you can plug in cables off Vision:M or W I'm sure they will work fine with this player as well.

Just that this player has the same connector for earphones & AV-Out...Vision:M & W had different one's. Still I'm about 99% sure it will work with their cables perfectly.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Well I'll agree on you with this one it rebuilds the library after undocking everytime!

But it takes 10-15 seconds maximum depending on the changes you make.

If you make a large library overhaul it takes longer.

The playlist problem occurs maybe coz it's not a MTP device.

I really hope the next firmware makes it MTP or gives you the option to make it MTP.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:43 AM

If you just plug in the X-Fi2 and not actually change content, then rebuilding doesn't occur.
Once you change content (adding, deleting, moving) then a rebuild is needed, and the time it takes is proprtionate to how much stuff is on the player.
Quote:
creative centrale is crap
Totally agree.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:35 PM

Well I didn't even install their program as a matter of fact I deleted everything which came on the player to save space (made a backup of it though).

I won't install any program unless the player is tied to it, eg. iPod, iTunes.

If I want my player tied up to a particular program I'd get an iPod.

I'm happy with WMP & Winamp for years now.

Well I copied a Playlist from WMP11 to the player.

Know what? The files transferred but the Playlist didn't!

Tired many things can't seem to load the playlist on the player. Did a Windows Explorer Copy & Paste as well. It picks up the playlist then but says it's empty!

The Playlists I create on the player are readable on WMP 11 & Winamp though.

I guess you'll have to manually save playlists on the player itself or edit out the ID3 tags on the songs in your playlist & Group them under an "Album".

I'll tinker with this more will let you know if I come across any other tricks.

Last edited by skybluedream; 12-16-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:29 PM

did you ever figure out the black an d white issue with your vidoe?? i'm having same issue!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:17 AM

Default any update to your playlist problem?

I have the same issue; got to be an easy way. I have about seven playlists ranging from 50-2400 songs, and I do NOT want to recreate them- unless there is a simple way to do it that I have not figured out; Creative has been unhelpful.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:54 PM

creative is always unhelpful....their tech support are actually mcdonalds employees.

did you try running video from the microsd card?

Old 01-22-2010, 03:04 PM

as far as the video,just put the yellow plug where the red is suppose to go and do the same for the red...that fixes the black n white shit...

as far as playlist,i just manually edit the playlist,a bit annoyin but the only real effective way ive found to get it to work everytime..