android
Old 11-23-2009, 10:01 AM

Default Playing Podcasts

I'm curious, how does everyone handle podcasts on their P3? I like mine from Car Talk (MP3 format) and like to play them. I would like to have a separate directory for them like my Sansa but I don't have onein my P3. So any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 AM

well, one (non-recommended) way is to use emodio and set it up as a "datacast". but I hate emodio, and haven't liked the results.

another thing you could do is change the podcast ID3 tags, so they all show up as one album.

yet another way (the one I would do) is simply to not put the podcast into your music folder, and just access it through the file browser.

let me know which one you use

Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electron View Post
well, one (non-recommended) way is to use emodio and set it up as a "datacast". but I hate emodio, and haven't liked the results.

another thing you could do is change the podcast ID3 tags, so they all show up as one album.

yet another way (the one I would do) is simply to not put the podcast into your music folder, and just access it through the file browser.

let me know which one you use
That's what I do with my Q2. I created a folder called "PODCASTS" in the list that you get when you access file browser and I put them in there with MediaMonkey.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM

Thanks electron. I simply copied it over to the datacast folder and then used folders to get to it. That works for me. It was simple enough to do and it meets the needs. Now if I can only the thing to do continuous play for all albums or a playlist that is over 200 items.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:57 PM

what are folks using to download the casts, emodio? i'm looking for something that will allow for smooth transitions from the download to loading into my p3. any suggestions?

trying this so far with emodio has led to it not loading some of the casts i've asked it to and not supporting video files with a codec of some sort i don't apparently have.

basically, i'd like something that i download to and it just loads into my p3 when i plug it in....

Last edited by crash23; 12-18-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:58 PM

it sounds to me like all he is using to download the podcast is a webbrowser, and his hand moving the mouse to the "download" button

anyway, if you can't get emodio to work (which you can almost never do ) then you are out of luck... sorry

Old 12-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash23 View Post
what are folks using to download the casts, emodio? i'm looking for something that will allow for smooth transitions from the download to loading into my p3. any suggestions?

trying this so far with emodio has led to it not loading some of the casts i've asked it to and not supporting video files with a codec of some sort i don't apparently have.

basically, i'd like something that i download to and it just loads into my p3 when i plug it in....
Mediamonkey would work for the audio only ones......but video, I couldn't say. Without Emodio(which sucks) the "datacasts" folder is useless, I think. So in MSC USB mode, I created a new folder in the directory of my Samsung called PODCASTS....and Mediamonkey downloads my audio podcasts and I manually add them there. I could set it up to automatically do it, but I never trust any auto-sync software.

For video podcasts, I can't help you though.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:42 AM

error messages in ecomodio regarding video codec don't matter with a direct drop into the data folder. works fine. i'm going to see about a smooth sync interface for podcasts both vid and audio and see what i can find....

Old 12-20-2009, 07:24 PM

The podcasts I listen to are audio only and I simply copy the files to the directory. What is interesting is the link says podcast but the file type is MP3 so it works well.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 PM

Well almost bought one but I hear it doesn't have good podcast or bookmarks.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 AM

I have to admit that my Sansa works better w/podcasts than the P3. It seems like the software for the P3 is about 80% there at times. I still like it for music and all but it can be frustrating at times.