android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Some questions about Sony mp3 player

Hello,

New to the forums. I'm looking into buying a new mp3 player and was looking into the new Sony line. I have an older one I got about 4 years ago which I love but looking for more capacity and such.

I was looking into the S545 and E345.

I realize that Audible is not supported on the Sonys for Audiobooks. Although I could have sworn I saw a comment from someone in one of the reviews that stated they used that service. Is it easy enough to just buy an audiobook cd and rip it to use with the Sony? I'm not too familiar with audiobooks so I wasn't sure if it has separate tracks or if it's just one large mp3 file. Can the Sony be stopped and then pickup where it left off?

A requirement would be a timer since I like to use it at bed time.

Lastly, not really looking for a portable movie device but was considering putting on 1 or 2 movies that were ripped from DVD. I saw some recent threads on the subject and was wondering if it's easy enough and some of your experiences.

Thank you for your input. Is there an older Sony model I should look at rather than the new series? I also considered looking into Sansa Fuze.
I was going to ask about Album art but it looks like that's offered on the models.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]