android
Old 11-24-2009, 03:55 PM

Default Creative Zen Vision M30GB on a Mac

Hey my g/fs wantin a ZVM30 and she has a mac and obviously, creative is windows only. I've went ahead and researched about the parallels desktop and what not and using BOOTCAMP as well. Then I came across the forums and saw the XNJB program and she hasn't gotten the mp3 player yet it's either or a 5th gen ipod 30gb. I'd really rather her get the ZVM but either way she's kinda hitting a brick wall with this whole windows exclusive thing. But I also saw that there's a Windows Media Player Series 9 for Mac, so I'm thinking (I used to have ZVM that was refurbished and messed up way too much) that if she's using the WMP that it would pick the ZVM up and it would all be gravy. If you guys could please help us out with this we would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

MTP support in Windows is a bit of a mystery. It works when all the correct puzzle pieces are in place; but it can get weird. Completing this puzzle within a virtualized environment definitely adds to the weirdness. I don't know much about anything Mac, but if Parallels is a whole virtual machine in which you could install Windows, as opposed to a virtual environment like Wine, then it should be rather straightforward.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:01 PM

Hi,

I would recommend VMWare Fusion over Parallels, and I have used this to sync stuff to Zen products using Windows Media Player for Windows within a virtual XP machine. It's as easy as doing it in Windows really and more convenient than using Bootcamp.

Also, XNJB works very well with my Zen V+ but haven't tried it with Zen Vision M. I can try it with my Vision M if you are still interested.

Having said all that, if you haven't got a Zen Vision M already, I wouldn't choose one for use with a Mac... it is a bit of a pain and you're better off getting a UMS capable player so you can just drag and drop.

Bob.

Last edited by BlackBob; 01-07-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: more info

Tags
bootcamp, mac, windows media player, xnjb, zen vision m