android
  #1  
Old 11-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Kaoss's Avatar
Kaoss Kaoss is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 54
Default Wireless music in car?

Hi guys, just one quick question. The P3 has Bluetooth, but does it have the ability (maybe the car comes into play too) to play music wirelessly via Bluetooth connected to the car? The car is a Mercedes-Benz B200 that our family will be purchasing soon. It's been bugging me, but I've always been amazed at how cool it'd be to be able to play music without any annoying clutter of the cables.

Thanks
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Crimson Raven's Avatar
Crimson Raven Crimson Raven is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 191
Default

Well, sorry to tell you, but I'm not 100% sure about this subject. However, I think, since you can connect the P3 to regular Bluetooth speakers and play music, it should work for car speakers as well. (As long as they have Bluetooth, of course)
__________________
It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 11-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Kaoss's Avatar
Kaoss Kaoss is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 54
Default

Next time I go testdrive the car, I'll be sure I'll bring along the P3 that I'll be buying, and test it out.
__________________
Player ~ Samsung P3 8GB // Samsung K3 // Sony PSP-1000 running CFW 5.50 Gen-D3 // Apple iPad 16GB // Apple iPod Touch 8GB 2G
Phones ~ Sony MDR-EX85 // Sony MDR-EX55 // Sony MDR-EX71 RIP // Panasonic RP HTX7
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 11-29-2009, 07:42 PM
medion's Avatar
medion medion is offline
Anythingbutiphone Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shreveport, La
Posts: 1,929
Default

My wife uses her Iphone's bluetooth in her car to play music. Yes, it will work. However, it's a weak connection, so you will often get static, similar to a FM transmitter. Aux cable is the way to go, IMO.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Kaoss's Avatar
Kaoss Kaoss is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 54
Default

Would USB be even better, since that particular model has the optional Media Interface (USB, iPod adaptor, AUX) installed on it.
__________________
Player ~ Samsung P3 8GB // Samsung K3 // Sony PSP-1000 running CFW 5.50 Gen-D3 // Apple iPad 16GB // Apple iPod Touch 8GB 2G
Phones ~ Sony MDR-EX85 // Sony MDR-EX55 // Sony MDR-EX71 RIP // Panasonic RP HTX7
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Olley Olley is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,894
Default

Yes, a USB connection would be better. For devices that your PC can access and play files off of without itunes or the Zune software, most cars with USB will find and sort media files they find on a device and let you control and play those songs using the car's controls. Bluetooth's advantage is that there are no wires needed, and control remains with the device. USB helps that device stay charged though, and sound quality "should" be a bit better.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
medion's Avatar
medion medion is offline
Anythingbutiphone Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shreveport, La
Posts: 1,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
USB helps that device stay charged though, and sound quality "should" be a bit better.
Depends on the device. In any case, USB or AUX will sound better than BT. As for USB vs. AUX, depends on the device.

AUX is a line in, or a pass through. So the sound quality is basically based on your device hooked up to your car speakers. If your device has better sound quality than your car's header, then AUX will sound better than USB.

For USB, the sound quality is based on the header's quality, since the header is playing the files, not the MP3 player. But yea, in either case, they'll sound better than BT.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 11-30-2009, 08:08 AM
triarii117's Avatar
triarii117 triarii117 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 554
Default

I find that the P3 sounds rather good through Aux. I use one of those tape adapters since my car isn't fancy or new.
__________________
PMPs: Cowon J3, Samsung P3(touchscreen problems), Creative Zen (4GB, black)
Headphones: Panasonic RP-HTX7, Philips, JVC Marshmallow IEMS (why not)
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
_JP_ _JP_ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8
Default

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion with a navigation system that includes Microsoft Sync. Sync allows my P3 to connect via BT, and that is the best sounding option. I tried USB, but the P3 thinks it is hooked up to a computer so it won't play music. I then tried a cable through the AUX setting but the sound was so bad (very quiet no matter how I adjusted the volume on the radio or P3) I returned the cable. Finally tried BT and it sounded great. There is a 12 speaker Sony sound system in the car and I don't notice any static or connection issues when using BT.

-JP
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Seti1906 Seti1906 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 10
Default

I use the Aux input in my car and it sounds great! Use Aux over BT everytime!
__________________
Player: Samsung P3 16GB Black

Headphones:Sennheiser HD 428, Monster Beats by Dr Dre Studio, Monster Beats By Dr. Dre Tour, Koss Portapro.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
musichound musichound is offline
Off-Topic Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Staten Island, NYC
Posts: 2,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JP_ View Post
I have a 2010 Ford Fusion with a navigation system that includes Microsoft Sync. Sync allows my P3 to connect via BT, and that is the best sounding option. I tried USB, but the P3 thinks it is hooked up to a computer so it won't play music. I then tried a cable through the AUX setting but the sound was so bad (very quiet no matter how I adjusted the volume on the radio or P3) I returned the cable. Finally tried BT and it sounded great. There is a 12 speaker Sony sound system in the car and I don't notice any static or connection issues when using BT.

-JP
It's interesting that you state this. I have a Ford Edge, and route my player though the AUX input. It's as loud as hell and the SQ is great.
__________________
Cowon X7 160GB - iRiver H320 - IPod Classic 160GB - iPod 5.5G 80GB - Sansa Clip Plus 4GB - Original Sansa Clip 2GB
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 AM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
Samsung Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
Depends on the device. In any case, USB or AUX will sound better than BT. As for USB vs. AUX, depends on the device.

AUX is a line in, or a pass through. So the sound quality is basically based on your device hooked up to your car speakers. If your device has better sound quality than your car's header, then AUX will sound better than USB.

For USB, the sound quality is based on the header's quality, since the header is playing the files, not the MP3 player. But yea, in either case, they'll sound better than BT.

This is completely true, though I have to admit that the convenience of not having wires and the 'cool' factor of bluetooth really beats out the loss of SQ in my opinion.

To actually answer the OPs question though, the B200 does have the bluetooth though all indication I get is that it supports HFP only and not the required A2DP that it would need if you wanted to play music over the speakers. Nothing I get from Google or from MB says anything explicitly about a2dp, so my recommendation is to take it and try it out :0

sassafras
__________________
"Changed my mind so much I cant even trust it
My mind changed me so much I cant even trust myself"
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
ji_cabinx ji_cabinx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Default

You guys mentioned USB. Does this mean that if I have a cigarette lighter adapter that has a USB input, I can directly select and play music that way by simply connecting my P3 to it?
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:12 PM
pgh1969pa pgh1969pa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoss View Post
Hi guys, just one quick question. The P3 has Bluetooth, but does it have the ability (maybe the car comes into play too) to play music wirelessly via Bluetooth connected to the car? The car is a Mercedes-Benz B200 that our family will be purchasing soon. It's been bugging me, but I've always been amazed at how cool it'd be to be able to play music without any annoying clutter of the cables.

Thanks
It's very simple:
Does the car support A2DP & AVRCP....if the answer is yes then it should work period. If its only A2DP, it should work. Find the answer to that question and you have your answer.

This head unit for the B200 supports A2DP:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mercedes-Benz-B2...-/170402394796
Does yours look like this?

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 05-01-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 05-02-2010, 10:23 AM
BramDB's Avatar
BramDB BramDB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji_cabinx View Post
You guys mentioned USB. Does this mean that if I have a cigarette lighter adapter that has a USB input, I can directly select and play music that way by simply connecting my P3 to it?
No, that wouldn't work. If your radio would have a usb input, then it would work with your P3-usb-cable.
__________________
Proud owner of Samsung P3 Silver 8GB with the best in-ears existing: Sennheiser CX200
Sorry for my bad english, I'm Belgian and speak Dutch
Making & editing flash apps for Samsungs P3 and Cowons S9
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 PM
ji_cabinx ji_cabinx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Default

I see... thanks!
I guess it's time to sell the many iPod FM adapters I own and buy one for my new P3!!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.