android
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 AM

Default Is this normal? (responsiveness issue)

Hi, I'm a long term skulker, first time poster and I've just got my shiny p3 about a week and a half ago. Though, I've been experiencing a bit of a problem. I'm not sure how normal it is, but just about every time I tap on an icon, file or option, I can feel the haptic vibrate and a good portion of the time, the item I want is highlighted but then it won't actually open what I want. And sometimes it'll even misclick and go on an entirely different option. Like just a few minutes ago, I went to games and had to press on the screen like 3 or four times just for it to actually play. the haptic vibrated and Bubble smile was highlighted but it wouldn't do anything. Maybe I'm just use to how accurate the touchscreen is to my beloved D2. I'm tempted to just format the whole thing and see if that's the issue, or should I just return it to get it switched out?

Last edited by Jenko; 12-06-2009 at 01:38 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

First off, I think I'm wrong, but is P3 a double touch player like the P2?

If not you can try turning off the feedback sound, and the haptic touch, since both of those things could slow down the response.

If that doesn't help much, try updating the firmware. I hear that the current firmware has fixed a lot of the problems that the P3 has.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:45 AM

What version of the firmware do you have ?
Touch was seriously improved over time.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 AM

It came with 2.18 and I upgraded to 2.20 a few days ago but it still has the same issue.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Capacitance Touch. Relies on a detectable life current in your finger. Are your fingers heavily calloused? This time of the year with no humidifier in the house the air may get so dry your fingers may lose a little conductivity.

Then again you may have a bad one.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:39 PM

yes, it sound to me like you have a bad player. call samsung. they are very cool about replacing things for you

Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Capacitance Touch. Relies on a detectable life current in your finger. Are your fingers heavily calloused? This time of the year with no humidifier in the house the air may get so dry your fingers may lose a little conductivity.

Then again you may have a bad one.
I live in Miami Florida and we have no such thing as this "winter". It's actually been raining the last few days. I did turn off the haptic and it's a bit more responsive but I'm still having to press more than twice. So! I shall be contacting samsung.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sometimes it takes me double taps to actually select something too. The touchscreen of the P3 still needs a tad improving, it could be a bit more smooth

Old 12-06-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
I live in Miami Florida and we have no such thing as this "winter". It's actually been raining the last few days. I did turn off the haptic and it's a bit more responsive but I'm still having to press more than twice. So! I shall be contacting samsung.
Ahhh AC dries out the air. Your AC is what is keeping the humidity from soaking all your hosuehold belongings. So would be the same situation as the "winter" response.

I've noticed with my P3 that it doesn't always respond with first touch. Usually I touch it for a tad longer or just touch it a second time. I guess I've just gotten used to it.

It's part of the P3 lag issue I think.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Different people get different results on my capacitance sensing touchscreen devices. I think it's just a difference between people. My first wife could never get touchscreen capacitance devices to work for her. She had other problems I won't go into as well, but they may all have been related to the problem. My job includes much hand work, and I have great curculation in my hands. I don't have any sensitivity problems with any of my touchscreens. Maybe I just luckily get good ones, or maybe there are differences between people. Try different fingers. See if it makes a difference.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 AM

I have the same problem, sort of...I have big fingers and I always multiclick and have problems with any slide capabilities...I'm just dealing with the poor sensitivity of my fingers (I have burned every single fingertip at least once)...I am not blaming the P3 for it's touch capability, as I have 2.20 FW...
Have: Altec Lansing ACS90 Computer Speakers

Last edited by Blackman9099; 12-07-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Ambiguous statements

Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 PM

I don't believe the capacitance is the issue with the original poster.

The first clue is that she gets haptic response on touch and even has the icon highlight.

So the player obviously sensed the touch. What doesn't happen is the actual function that was touched.

I too get this and have learned to touch a little longer or I just deal with it and touch the same icon again.

And that's why I think this applies to the Lag Issue others have reported in various threads, concerning the P3.

Last edited by TomCat39; 12-08-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Gender correction. :)

Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM

Might also be a slightly faulty touchscreen. But the usual lag for the P3 may be part of the problem as well.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat39 View Post
I don't believe the capacitance is the issue with the original poster.

The first clue is that he gets haptic response on touch and even has the icon highlight.

So the player obviously sensed the touch. What doesn't happen is the actual function that was touched.

I too get this and have learned to touch a little longer or I just deal with it and touch the same icon again.

And that's why I think this applies to the Lag Issue others have reported in various threads, concerning the P3.
She, not he. But yeah I've been trying all the different fingers like suggested. I've been touching longer and that seems to have worked. I think the issue is that because I'm so used to having the D2 and you just have to tap a little and it goes that I haven't gotten used to this one.