android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 AM

Default Metadata problems with Mac, ACC, iTunes

I thought I would check with the forum to see if I am missing something when trying to get metadata (cover art, album & artist info) from my CDs to my P3. I use a Mac with iTunes.

First, I have been importing my CDs into iTunes using the AAC "iTunes Plus" settings. Everything looks fine in iTunes. I've got cover art, album info, etc.

Next, I set up my music directory on the P3 like this:
Code:
/music/artist/songs
For example, if I have a bunch of albums by Amos Lee, I copy them directly from iTunes to the amoslee directory. I have not made separate directories for each album.

Code:
/music/amoslee/song1
/music/amoslee/song2
/music/amoslee/song3
Once my P3 restarts, all the music is in the correct directory, but I have no cover art, no album info, and no artist info. The only thing the P3 displays is the song title.

This is a bummer since I can't sort by any of the other music attributes that the P3 handles.

So, any solutions for Mac users out there? I've read that iTunes doesn't do a great job with metadata, but I haven't found a good solution. Should I import into a different file format?

I prefer to keep my music on my Mac because I share the iTunes library with the entire family on our Mac Mini media center. It would suck to have to maintain more than one music library for the house.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]