android
Old 12-13-2009, 06:16 PM

Default Looking for a speaker dock for nwz-s636f

The title says it all - my wife would like one..but I don't think Sony makes a reasonably priced one...if at all. What would be the best (value) in a generic dock such as Logitech. Are they any good. Any and all advice appreciated!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 AM

Unfortunately most docks are made for iPods. Your choices are pretty slim for Walkmans. You've probably seen these on the Sony Style website:

Sony SRS-NWGU50
Sony SRS-NWGM30 - $99 at Amazon
Sony ICF-C8WM

There are a few more choices on Japanese websites but actually getting them might be a problem. Cheap Japanese dock, approximately $36 (note that this is Logitec, not Logitech).

Another option might be to buy a small cradle with a line-out and connect it to a something with an aux input.

Sony BCR-NWU7

Last year's Sony BCR-NWU5 is currently on clearance at Amazon US for $18 (via Tiger Direct). I'm not sure if it has a line-out or not. I've read conflicting information on it's specs. I've ordered one and it should be here in a couple of days. I can give you more info on it if you are interested. Good Luck.

Matt

Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM

For a moment there I thought my problem had been solved...only to discover Sony in the U-S won't ship to Canada...and Sony in Canada doesn't carry those models!!!

Same thing with Amazon and Tiger Direct - both have outlets in Canada so the U-S outlets won't ship to Canada.

Guess I'm SOL.

Thanks

Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 AM

Knowing where you are located always helps.

Sony Style Canada has the SRS-NWGU50 speaker dock, the BCR-NWU7 cradle (that has a line-out), the BCR-NWU5 cradle (that has a line-out, in-store only), and the ICF-C8WM clock radio.

Matt

Tags
choice, dock, nwz-s636f