android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung M1

Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM

Default M1 manual & listening with 2 bluetooth headphones at the same time

I asked these questions at the end of the "Samsung m1 Questions? ask me!" thread, but the thread owner doesn't seem to answer questions anymore.

So these questions are aimed at Coolvibes, a_tumiwa, M1forever and whoever else has an M1 in their hands.

Short version:
1) Does anyone have the M1 manual in english?
2) Can you pair 2 bluetooth headphones to the M1 to listen to the same music?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long version:
The P2 and the P3 can pair with 2 bluetooth headphones so 2 people can listen to the same music, and I need this function on my next mp3 player. I lost my P2 and I'm trying to find info about the R1 and M1 to see which of the P3/R1/M1 I should buy.
P3: User Manual

So...

1) Does anyone have the M1 manual in english? If so, can you put it up online or PM me to send it to me directly?

I looked on the US/UK/Korean Samsung websites and only the Korean one had it in Korean:
M1: Korean User Manual
Google Translate just gets bored after a third of the document and stops translating it.

2) Can you pair 2 bluetooth headphones to the M1 to listen to the same music?

There's 2 ways you can help me with this one:
-If you have the manual and you are able to understand what it says, go to the section that explains how to pair bluetooth headphones with the player and tell me: is there ANY mention of being able to pair 2 bluetooth headphones at the same time to listen to the same music?
-Actually try it with 2 Bluetooth headphones, pair the first one, then pair the second one and see if the music can be heard from both.

Thanks!

nail000

P.S.: I even went the extra mile and looked for the Bluetooth chips' specs...

R1: Bluetooth chip specs (BCM2070)
M1: Bluetooth chip specs (BC06-ROM) - more info

The R1 has a bluetooth chip that supports up to 5 bluetooth stereo headsets at the same time, whether or not this is actually implemented, I don't know, I asked in the R1 forum and didn't get an answer yet.
I looked in the M1's bluetooth chip's specs and could find any mention of multi-A2DP music streaming.

Last edited by nail000; 12-29-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added link to R1 forum question, bolded important parts

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Update: Big thanks to Coolvibes for providing me with the user manual.

M1 User Manual: English - Spanish - Korean

I have gone through the whole manual and it says nothing about being able to pair multiple bluetooth headphones with it, so, to help me, the only thing that someone needs to do is this:

-Try to connect 2 Bluetooth headphones to the M1 (pair the first one, then pair the second one and see if the music can be heard from both)

Thanks!

nail000

Last edited by nail000; 01-15-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: to make it pretty...

Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM

I was not able to get both my bluetooth audio reciever and headset paired at the same time. Both are technically headsets except on the receiver you can plug in regular headphones.

I connected one and then when i try to connect the other it asks if i want to "Disconnect all device for a new connection." If I press no it will show a line between the bluetooth icon and both headsets but only the first one works and has a solid line. but i have had problems with the receiver so I can't guarantee that you can't use two. Its probably that way though.

Hope I answered your question!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 PM

Super, thanks a lot for the half-confirmation, cscs1!

I was losing hope that anyone would help me!

If anyone else could deny/confirm this, that'd be awesome!

Thanks!

nail000

Old 01-24-2010, 01:32 PM

shame i only got s9-hd with me rite now, but back in my dorm room i got another set of bluetooth headsets, so please bear with me on my own trial

Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 PM

Looking forward to it!

nail000