android
Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

dear habhome i have never tried using the accelerometer before but hwat if you were to say like get accel (or what ever function lets just say ga) so ga = a,b then if a == a + some number or b == b + some number then pedometervalue = pedometervalue +1

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
dear habhome i have never tried using the accelerometer before but hwat if you were to say like get accel (or what ever function lets just say ga) so ga = a,b then if a == a + some number or b == b + some number then pedometervalue = pedometervalue +1
I don't know. I thought the accelerometer in this player worked as such that if you held it level and then shook it up and down it'd still give the same data since the tilt haven't changed. There are other kinds of accelerometers that measures g-forces in xyz-direction, it's something like that we'd need I think, and I don't think this one is one of those. As I said, I could be wrong though so feel free to give it a shot =P
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 AM

Since the accelerometer reacts to gravity wouldn't the gravity pull be on slightly different axises on a step forward and the step back?
Tower Defense Thread
Zen Lock - Protect Your Zen!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 PM

any chance of making a nice PDF reader?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 AM

Default (guitar) tuner

hey everyone,
thank u guys for all the apps and games developed so far. but i was wondering... did anyone already think of a guitar tuner application?

the mic is there but i am not sure about the kind of technology (or load of work) needed to realize such a project...

i know i can already use the zeano app to have a reference of what an A should sound like and so on, but i would like an application that can display in a simple and intuitive manner the frequency that reaches the mic (i am pretty sure most of you know exactly what i am talking about). i believe that a well functioning and reliable tuner would make any guitar player who owns a zen x-fi 2 extremely happy.

anyone tempted by the challenge of developing one?

ps: i totally support the PDF reader idea as well!!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexSurfer View Post
hey everyone,
thank u guys for all the apps and games developed so far. but i was wondering... did anyone already think of a guitar tuner application?

the mic is there but i am not sure about the kind of technology (or load of work) needed to realize such a project...

i know i can already use the zeano app to have a reference of what an A should sound like and so on, but i would like an application that can display in a simple and intuitive manner the frequency that reaches the mic (i am pretty sure most of you know exactly what i am talking about). i believe that a well functioning and reliable tuner would make any guitar player who owns a zen x-fi 2 extremely happy.

anyone tempted by the challenge of developing one?

ps: i totally support the PDF reader idea as well!!
For all I know we do not have access to the input from the microphone, so a tuner is, unless we later get such access, impossible.

And on the PDF reader notion, that would require some serious coding, and if it is possible I doubt it'd be a quick job. And here is also a problem with the access we have to the file structure, which is very, very limited. We can only find files at specific locations IF we know its exact name.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
any chance of making a nice PDF reader?
File access isnt so much problem, if you remember what you want to open.
The bigest issue is to rewrite parser for loading pdf and interpreter for displaying it.

If anyone have cubes for it, i recommend starting with some well documented formats like html and css or rss. (i do not know if pdf specification is so well known like hypertext)

Old 06-04-2010, 05:12 AM

A graph shower:
you insert a term and it'll show you the graph of it

EDIT :
I'll work on that

LOOK! MY! APPS!

Old 06-05-2010, 02:28 PM

why not a guitar hero?

Old 06-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelandvl View Post
why not a guitar hero?
No multi-touch interface, as simple as that. It would be utterly impossible to create Guitar Hero without the access to multiple input channels.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
I'm afraid that Colonization is a far too complicated game for one single developer to code for the X-Fi2, and the screen size is definitely not enough to fit everything needed for it either.
Original DOS Colonization was 320x240 resolution.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
No multi-touch interface, as simple as that. It would be utterly impossible to create Guitar Hero without the access to multiple input channels.
It would be possible, but very simplistic. No multitouch, so one fret to touch at a time, and using the home button as strummer. And very short sound clips because the wavs can't be bigger than 8mb..

I just experimented with it, and it works in a way.. I attached the file if anyone wants to check it out. It doesn't have music to play along to, it just makes sound when you press+strum a note when it reaches the top.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ClicksoundsTryOut.zip (6.0 KB, 4 views)

Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indieaz View Post
Original DOS Colonization was 320x240 resolution.
That may be true, but the physical screen size is what I think could be a problem. I doubt it was played on a 3" screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
It would be possible, but very simplistic. No multitouch, so one fret to touch at a time, and using the home button as strummer. And very short sound clips because the wavs can't be bigger than 8mb..

I just experimented with it, and it works in a way.. I attached the file if anyone wants to check it out. It doesn't have music to play along to, it just makes sound when you press+strum a note when it reaches the top.
Yes of course that would be possible, but it wouldn't be a guitar hero game then really, imo at least. You could make a simple "Step mania/guitar hero" mix where you dance around with your fingers on the screen on a DDR pad thingy. That could be a nice concept I think.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Yes of course that would be possible, but it wouldn't be a guitar hero game then really, imo at least. You could make a simple "Step mania/guitar hero" mix where you dance around with your fingers on the screen on a DDR pad thingy. That could be a nice concept I think.
Yeah you're right, a real guitar hero game is impossible on this device. But like you say, a touch-at-the-right-time game wouldn't be a problem, it's just that you can't use full-length tracks to dance to..

Old 06-06-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
Yeah you're right, a real guitar hero game is impossible on this device. But like you say, a touch-at-the-right-time game wouldn't be a problem, it's just that you can't use full-length tracks to dance to..
Unless you chop them up into small chunks which each individually is played if you hit at the right time, if you miss, it skips playing one or plays a "boing" sound. Then you can load them individually and close after you've passed them.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 AM

Or if we ever get mp3 support, or streaming support, or anything else that's completely necessary.
Tower Defense Thread
Zen Lock - Protect Your Zen!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Default App For Rotating Wallpaper?

Just out of curiosity, thought I would ask if it is possible to create a rotating wallpaper app, or something like that, allowing you to cycle through multiple wallpapers, or have different wallpaper (or your own photos) for each different menu?

Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glove4 View Post
Just out of curiosity, thought I would ask if it is possible to create a rotating wallpaper app, or something like that, allowing you to cycle through multiple wallpapers, or have different wallpaper (or your own photos) for each different menu?
[Thread merged into existing idea thread]

And that would not be a possible application, that would be a modification of the firmware. We have a thread about this, kind of, but since it is a breach of the license agreement to use such a thing it would void the warranty of the device.
Here is the thread about custom themes: themes by undeadfinger and blikbier

Old 06-11-2010, 04:55 PM

Default metronome

thanks for the answers about the tuner. too bad it is not doable but, who knows, perhaps creative we'll give access to the mic in the future. another idea for musicians, i suppose a bit easier to develop, would be a digital metronome application. what do you think? if anyone is willing to try developing one i already have a specific feature request: the possibility to detect the bpm (beats per minute) by tapping a button on the screen. that would be great!

and if you need more tips for additional features i reccomend to give a look at this (the model i own):

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/usa/produc...ies/RW105.html

Old 06-11-2010, 06:19 PM

I'd love to be able to use input from the mic, but yeah as of now, that's not possible..

As for the metronome app, it's been discussed before, and although this thread is mostly about bugs, a metronome is very possible:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=54618

I'm not sure if it would be possible to add a touch-to-calculate the bpm functionlaty though..

Tags
app, applications, apps, creative zen x-fi 2, games, zen, zen x-fi2