android
Old 06-13-2010, 05:28 PM

Can one read out the current song playing with lua? I'd love an application that shows song lyrics as the song's being played. But I must admit.. I agree that this is a whack idea without internet, but if creative can work out RSS without internet, why not attempt it? :P

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-13-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duveaux View Post
Can one read out the current song playing with lua? I'd love an application that shows song lyrics as the song's being played. But I must admit.. I agree that this is a whack idea without internet, but if creative can work out RSS without internet, why not attempt it? :P
No, this lua environment doesn't allow us to see what's going on on the player aside from volume level..

Haha well as you know the RSS feature only works with pre-loaded content, so if you load a video file on the player with embedded lyrics you'll have what you'd asked for

Old 06-14-2010, 12:36 PM

That's a tad too much work, and battery and memory use. I was just inspired by the LRC files that are already available that contain lyrics alltogether with timestamps. They are very easy to create and a lot already exist. I also even read it's possible to include it in a file. You just need a platform to play them. So I guess that's not possible.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:40 AM

Hi guys, just wonder if anyone had the idea to write any kind of social/multiplayer/fun games such as " Spin the xxx bottle" (here u can an idea of what kind of game i'm talking about: http://www.mobileddl.com/download/60...Hard-Core.html or http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sex-i...%253D8uo%253D2)

Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 PM

I am thinking that since many X-Fi2 owners have gotten them for the high end sound reproduction with FLAC support, that it could be awesome to have an application for DJs that could either mesh songs, or at least control and monitor BPM in the track. This could allow users to use two X-Fi 2s in conjunction, could even have turn table touch support, and be a completely portable record player.... maybe that's a bit much. But at least BPM monitor and tempo adjustment would be awesome!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrognomix View Post
I am thinking that since many X-Fi2 owners have gotten them for the high end sound reproduction with FLAC support, that it could be awesome to have an application for DJs that could either mesh songs, or at least control and monitor BPM in the track. This could allow users to use two X-Fi 2s in conjunction, could even have turn table touch support, and be a completely portable record player.... maybe that's a bit much. But at least BPM monitor and tempo adjustment would be awesome!
First of all, good that you noticed the sticky eventually But if you have already posted a thread with a suggestion you don't have to post it again here, I'll just merge the threads and scold you a bit

And I'm sorry, but I have to crush your dreams of this application right away. There is unfortunately no way we can analyze songs, or even read the song buffer while playing, with an application. Which means no Bpm info, no tempo adjustment, no song meshing, no nothing. This is something we'd need Creative to implement in the firmware, or for them to open up for us to all the info we need in the player. The trouble here is that they don't want us to be able to mess so close to the firmware itself, which is why they're keeping us out.

Don't let this let you down though, it was an awesome idea and I'm sure you can come up with something else which is possible to make.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 06-19-2010, 09:41 PM

Well, I have seen the sound generator apps... what if there was a way to integrate the track into the app itself, which could then monitor the track and play it back with extra functionality (tempo adjustment, etc). Users could then put in their tracks with some default name for the program (Track1.flac, Track2.flac, Track3.flac and so on), or even slightly alter the code to recognize their own custom track names. Just hoping this idea might have some possibility to it!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrognomix View Post
Well, I have seen the sound generator apps... what if there was a way to integrate the track into the app itself, which could then monitor the track and play it back with extra functionality (tempo adjustment, etc). Users could then put in their tracks with some default name for the program (Track1.flac, Track2.flac, Track3.flac and so on), or even slightly alter the code to recognize their own custom track names. Just hoping this idea might have some possibility to it!
Won't be possible. There are no functions in the interpretor to handle audio in such a way. And it can only play 44.1kHz .WAV files anyway in apps. I considered that possibility, but I'm afraid it just won't work with our tools. And it can't search for custom names either.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 AM

A gridlock game like this http://www.corwin.ca/gridlock/
would be good, they are often called "traffic jam" or "rush hour" games.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:13 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

they are already making it
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...hlight=traffic

Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 PM

Default Colonization

I will begin work on a Colonization game immediately.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:42 AM

PDF/book reader - i want it)))

Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 AM

a pdf reader would be quite hard and as for a bookreader what format would we use? txt?!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 AM

Yes the format was a problem but just first. Later i have an other solution:

I have create a C# application which convert the PDF file into an image. The image have an high resolution an so i can display the PDF and a zoom is possible too.
So just wait a few days and you will have your PDF Reader

Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM

An actual .txt reader would be fantastic for a book reader.
There are loads of ebooks as plain .txt files and loads of converters of getting ebook files into txt.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolfhome View Post

I have create a C# application which convert the PDF file into an image. The image have an high resolution an so i can display the PDF and a zoom is possible too.
That sounds great, but I suppose you are aware that this device only takes res up to 400*240 ? But I'm sure you'll know or have a workaround for it Man I'd love to FINALLY be able to view pdfs on my Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenif View Post
An actual .txt reader would be fantastic for a book reader.
There are loads of ebooks as plain .txt files and loads of converters of getting ebook files into txt.
Well there are already two apps for plain text editing; Notee-fi and Notepad. Both have a read-mode so you can view your text without any keys in view. If you have any questions about them, please ask them in the respective threads I linked .

Old 07-05-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
That sounds great, but I suppose you are aware that this device only takes res up to 400*240 ? But I'm sure you'll know or have a workaround for it Man I'd love to FINALLY be able to view pdfs on my Zen
That seems to be the case for applications, but what if it was just used with the image viewer in the Zen?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 AM

if you just use the image viewer you can go much higher in resolution and be able to zoom in

Old 07-07-2010, 03:18 AM

Yes, txt will approach for reading of books on the journey, But in most cases conveniently to read pdf
sorry 4 my english

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolfhome View Post

thanks very much, I'm waiting)))

Notee-fi and Notepad Cannot open the book in txt (with *.txt extension and without) i don't know why...maybe because of cyrillic

Last edited by liroy; 07-07-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:30 PM

Default New idear for readers

i have an idea
what about converting PDF files or other into RSS and read them by the RSS reader in the player

Tags
app, applications, apps, creative zen x-fi 2, games, zen, zen x-fi2