android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 PM

Default Macintosh Compatibility?

My Creative Zen 4 GB recently broke (back button stopped working), so I've been thinking about upgrading to the Zen X-Fi2, at least, until the consumer version of the Zii comes out. (I hope it does) I have a Mac, so obviously, I have people telling me to just get an iPod, but I listened to one and almost died. The sound quality was not to my liking, to put it nicely.

Does anyone know if the X-Fi2 works on a Mac? I know that Creative players have mostly been MTP, and my last Zen was. (I had XNJB for Mac compatibility) Creative's page

http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/ZenXFi2/

says that Mac users can just drag and drop using the MSC capability. (Go to product info/the sound of perfection) Is this true? Has anyone tried it? I've looked in forums and I can't find anything regarding it. Also, what is the artwork resolution? Does it still accept 500x500 as album artwork? The 16 GB is selling for $120 on Amazon, and comes with the EP-630s, so I want to get it. (What's with the 1-2 MONTH ship out schedule, though?!) And I've been hearing about random shutoffs and stuff, although I never had WSOD problems or anything with my old Zen...Maybe I'll get lucky.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]