android
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Found v1 Fuze in Montreal!

Was poking around the electronics section of my local grocery store when I discovered four 2Gb Sansa Fuzes collecting a LOT of dust behind the counter. All are in the old packaging with a few new package ones sitting behind them (guess they want to move the old stock first). I've been wanting to play around with a v1 and rockbox for a while so I took a chance and picked the one with the most dust.

I have a hard time describing the sick I felt on the way home, hesitation to open the plastic, then joy at seeing that I've got a V1!

Anyone in the area interested in picking up a new V1 here is the location of the store (Maxi):

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?so...91634098178353

There are at least three left. The way Sansa was packaging the Fuze there is still no guarantee but they all looked to be sitting there for quite a while. It was $64 which is steep for an mp3 player but well worth the price considering how much toy I'm getting.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo-urns View Post
Was poking around the electronics section of my local grocery store when I discovered four 2Gb Sansa Fuzes collecting a LOT of dust behind the counter. All are in the old packaging with a few new package ones sitting behind them (guess they want to move the old stock first). I've been wanting to play around with a v1 and rockbox for a while so I took a chance and picked the one with the most dust.

I have a hard time describing the sick I felt on the way home, hesitation to open the plastic, then joy at seeing that I've got a V1!

Anyone in the area interested in picking up a new V1 here is the location of the store (Maxi):

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?so...91634098178353

There are at least three left. The way Sansa was packaging the Fuze there is still no guarantee but they all looked to be sitting there for quite a while. It was $64 which is steep for an mp3 player but well worth the price considering how much toy I'm getting.
That is expensive especially for 2GB, but you'll be paying a premium for the v1's unfortunately. Good luck with Rockbox. I know you'll love it as much as I love Rockbox on my 8GB!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 AM

You should have looked for a refurb, they're half the price ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
You should have looked for a refurb, they're half the price ...
Not readily available in Canada, and on a couple of occasions when I have seen them advertised, they were expensive and/or out of stock. and still no guarantee they are V1.

Steve

Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Not readily available in Canada, and on a couple of occasions when I have seen them advertised, they were expensive and/or out of stock. and still no guarantee they are V1.

Steve
That sucks, here you have a very good chance to get a v1 and if it's not return it. Or you could look from a resale from an owner that can tell you if it's one.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Or you could look from a resale from an owner that can tell you if it's one.
That's definitely the best way.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
That sucks, here you have a very good chance to get a v1 and if it's not return it. Or you could look from a resale from an owner that can tell you if it's one.
That's assuming the owner knows what they are selling. Last Sept. I bought a Clip on Ebay from a person who said that it was a v1. Turned out it was a v2. I know the guy could've been lying just to get rid of it but I was too lazy to send it back. Anyway makes a great exercise player.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobergeek View Post
That's assuming the owner knows what they are selling. Last Sept. I bought a Clip on Ebay from a person who said that it was a v1. Turned out it was a v2. I know the guy could've been lying just to get rid of it but I was too lazy to send it back. Anyway makes a great exercise player.
Best way is to ask what firmware version is on the player and explain how they can tell, little do they know why you want the info

Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Best way is to ask what firmware version is on the player and explain how they can tell, little do they know why you want the info
I tried that several times, and everytime I got back a reply (WHEN I got back a reply) that they didn't know & didn't want to damage the packaging to find out. Buy.com seems to be a good source. 8 of 8 Fuzes I've seen from them (refurbs) have been v1's.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech View Post
I tried that several times, and everytime I got back a reply (WHEN I got back a reply) that they didn't know & didn't want to damage the packaging to find out. Buy.com seems to be a good source. 8 of 8 Fuzes I've seen from them (refurbs) have been v1's.
I was talking about buying from another individual vs online store and if it's still in a package, then I understand they don't want to open it, but normally from another user they're not packaged till they're going to ship. And yes, buy.com is a good source, 2 of the refurb clips I've bought from them are v1's

Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 AM

sorry for my newbie ignorance... but what is the main diff between a V1 and V2? Is it Rockbox capability?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM

Yes it's Rockbox. Other than that there's no difference to the end user. That one difference is pretty important though!