android
Old 01-15-2012, 08:27 AM

Default [Project] XTroiod

i'm building a website that you can download many applications to ZEN X-Fi2

[Link removed until approved by mod]

i'm looking for people to help.. and i might build an "Offline XTroiod App Market" on ZEN X-Fi2.

Last edited by Habhome; 01-15-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Removed link, discussion needed for something like this //Habome

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2012, 04:28 PM

I'm sorry but, when did I, or any of the others, give you permission to redistribute our applications on your website?

Don't take this as me rejecting the idea right away, this has already been done once before. That site however died down pretty fast. We just need to reach some kind of agreement before you can be allowed to go through with this.

You will at least need approval from both me and jbob, the other mod in this section. And you could only redistribute applications if the developer give you permission.
The last part however might be difficult to fix since most of the developers have not logged in for a long time. In this case we can discuss that you get permission to LINK to the respective forum threads here. Maybe that should be how it works for all entries on the site.

It is a good thing you at least tried putting in some credit to the creator, had you not done that you'd have a much harder time to get this approved.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Last edited by Habhome; 01-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
And you could only redistribute applications if the developer give you permission.
CamXTi, i give you permission to redistribute my applications.
But Habhome is right, you should ask developers first.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You will at least need approval from both me and jbob, the other mod in this section.
I read that many times, but i still don't get what you meant by that. Approval to what?

Old 01-16-2012, 03:14 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

I give you permission to distribute my applications. HOWEVER (this goes to anyone who wishes to distribute Pingus when we release it) USE the link that we will provide you for a direct download. Also, you should link to Pingus X-Fi2's website (hosts custom levels).

Last edited by jbob182; 01-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirius View Post
I read that many times, but i still don't get what you meant by that. Approval to what?
I guess that was more to the part for what happens with those developers who are not here to get their voice heard, we'd have to come up with some solution.
Also to be allowed to advertise the link in the ABi forums where material is gathered from here a link back is needed at least.

Of course the apps of any individual developer who gives permission to him can be posted on the website, that is nothing we control. Keep in mind however that ABi will persist, while sites like this easily perish. (Remember the whole ordeal with Xeroo.net?)

Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
i might build an "Offline XTroiod App Market" on ZEN X-Fi2.
I don't like the "Market" thing. If your intention is to earn money from apps you get into difficulties. As an example, I think that even with such a widespread app as "Tetris". where is someone who owns the rights to it but the owner no longer can make any profit out of it. My personal opinion is that it's okay to develop such app as long as it's free and you don't try earn money from it or preventing the owner from earning.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalle Kula View Post
I don't like the "Market" thing. If your intention is to earn money from apps you get into difficulties. As an example, I think that even with such a widespread app as "Tetris". where is someone who owns the rights to it but the owner no longer can make any profit out of it. My personal opinion is that it's okay to develop such app as long as it's free and you don't try earn money from it or preventing the owner from earning.
I don't think he intended to charge anything for the applications, rather create something making it easier to find and download apps onto the device.

Although he doesn't seem to pay much attention to this thread at the moment... That makes me fear for how determined he is to make this work out.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamXTi View Post
i'm building a website that you can download many applications to ZEN X-Fi2

[Link removed until approved by mod]

i'm looking for people to help.. and i might build an "Offline XTroiod App Market" on ZEN X-Fi2.
I think it's bad idea...
How about xeroo.net? Try to connect with founder and work together.