android
Old 01-11-2010, 11:50 PM

Default zune installation failure

i recently bought a portable hard drive (seagate freeagent) to store all my files on to free up some space on my desktop (running windows xp home sp3). i transferred my files, including zune software, to the drive and had everything set up right. found out the drive letter assigned to the drive was conflicting with some other drive so i changed it and reset the settings in the zune software. still running good and playing. anyways...
everything was great until i went to use some of my credits on zunepass. when i tried to purchase the songs, it kept telling me that i couldn't purchase them. and i waited until the night they expired so i was kinda frustrated. it wasn't until the next day that i found out i have a real problem. i opened zune and got an error message - c1010003 - i know that's right but can't remember the rest. i browsed through the forums for a while and found something about drm rights so i followed that. i reset my drm through the microsoft site and thought that would work (figured that was why i couldn't download the songs). it didn't. still got the same error message. then i had a brilliant idea...
'why not reinstall zune? or maybe just run the installer and repair the files?'. for whatever reason, there was no uninstaller anywhere. so i just manually deleted the zune software files.
bad, bad idea. i downloaded zune again and went to install it. now it just checks for updates and says i already have the software installed. there is no way that's possible (i even went through the registry). i've searched and read through everything i can find. even unzoone doesn't help...
so down to a basic question: is there any possible way to get zune installed on my computer again??? ...or did i really screw it up?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 AM

Try Running CCleaner registry cleaner to get rid of the Zune registry imprint.

or -

This is a dangerous task if you do not know what you're doing.

On XP - Go to Start - Run and type "regedit" and hit ok.

On Vista/7 - Go to Start and search for "regedit" and open it. Go to Edit > Find and type in "zune". It should come up with all of the Zune software registry imprints and you can delete them yourself.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:59 AM

i've already went through the registry and manually deleted all the traces i could find. seems i'm missing something...

Old 01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Zune Moderator

Have you tried using ccleaner?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 AM

even used ccleaner...

Old 01-12-2010, 02:53 PM

I just went into my regedit and searched "zune" without the quotations and when i kept hitting "find next", it brought up close to 15 registry keys that would need to be deleted. Try regedit again and make sure you got everything. Something tells me that is the problem.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 PM

i completely agree but after going through the registry again, it's still not installing

Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Zune Moderator

Search your computer for zune related files maybe?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:50 PM

that's what i'm doing now. i installed it on my other computer (only took a week to think of that. lol) but it can't handle the graphics so i can't use zune. i tried to transfer the zune files over to the first computer but that didn't work. kicking myself for not keeping a sys restore from an earlier point...

Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 AM

ok. went through my computer again and found nothing new. i redownloaded the zune software and tried to install it using revo uninstaller (ironic) and was excited when it started to install! but then it got halfway through and i get 'error: 0x800700b7'. what is this?! i'm so close!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM

Default fix!

downloaded the zune 4.0 upgrade and everything works now! (i just lost my playcounts, but i'm ok with that. lol)